|Origin||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Labels||Curve of the Earth, Megatronic/DreamWorks|
|Associated acts||6L6, Plush, Slunt, Powerman 5000, Danzig|
|Past members||Sarah Reitkopp : Singer|
Tommy O'Neil : Guitar
Johnny Rock Heatley : Guitar
Jhen Kobran : Bass, backing vocals
Charlee Johnson : Drums
Jaime Richter : Guitar, backing vocals
Halfcocked (also known as Half Cocked, Halfc*cked or Half-Cocked) was an American hard rock band. Influenced by 1970s hard rock and punk rock, along with 1980s glam metal, they started out in Boston in 1997 and signed with independent label Curve of the Earth Records. In 1999 the band placed third in the finals of the WBCN Rock & Roll Rumble, being the first "wild card" act to play in the finals. They signed with DreamWorks imprint Megatronic Records (headed by Powerman 5000 frontman Spider One) and moved to Los Angeles in 2000. After numerous delays, they released one final album—The Last Star—before splitting up.
- Sarah Reitkopp : Singer
- Tommy O'Neil : Guitar
- Johnny Rock Heatley : Guitar
- Jhen Kobran : Bass, backing vocals
- Charlee Johnson : Drums
- Jaime Richter : Guitar, backing vocals
- Girls! Girls! Girls! (1998, Curve of the Earth) (song: "Whole in the World")
- Benefit for El Chupacabra (1998, Polterchrist) (song: "Ghost Bones")
- Dracula 2000 soundtrack (2000, Sony) (song: "Sober")
- Shrek soundtrack (2001, DreamWorks) (song: "Bad Reputation")
- WWF Tough Enough (2001, DreamWorks) (song: "Drive Away")
- Draping Heavy Metal in Sequins, and Proud of It!, Isaac Guzman, New York Daily News, May 2001.
- "The Sheila Divine wins the WBCN Rumble", Jim Sullivan, The Boston Globe, F4, May 29, 1999.
- Bye-bye, Half Cocked, Bret Milano, Boston Phoenix, May 26, 2000.
- Suburban voices, Sean Richardson, Boston Phoenix, July 26, 2001.
- Halfcocked at AllMusic
- Megatronic Records
- Artist page, Curve of the Earth Records
- 20 Questions with Charlee Johnson, Metal Sludge, October 23, 2001.
|This article on a United States rock music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|