|Created by||Roger Simpson|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||21|
|Running time||90 to 120 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Beyond International Group|
|Original network||Nine Network|
|Original release||9 October 1994 – 7 July 2002|
Halifax f.p. is an Australian television crime series produced by Nine Network from 1994 to 2002. The series stars Rebecca Gibney as Doctor Jane Halifax, a forensic psychiatrist investigating cases involving the mental state of suspects or victims. The series is set in Melbourne.
The producers of the film were Beyond Simpson Le Mesurier; Australian Film Finance Corporation and aired on the Nine Network Australia Pty Ltd
The show was a series of 21 television films, between 90 and 102 minutes each, with a new "episode" airing every few months during its eight-year run. The series aired in more than 60 countries.
The budget for each episode was an average of AU$1.3 million. Funding came in part from the Australian Film Finance Corporation and Film Victoria.
In November 2018, Nine announced it will be reviving the series set to air in 2019 titled "Halifax: Retribution", with Rebecca Gibney returning as Jane Halifax, Roger Simpson is returning as writer and producer, alongside executive producer Mikael Borglund and writers Mac Gudgeon and Jan Sardi, it will be produced by Beyond Lonehand.
(listed chronologically, with release dates by the Australian Television archive)
- Acts of Betrayal - directed by Paul Moloney, written by Roger Simpson - aired 9 November 1994
- Words Without Music - directed by Mike Smith, written by David Boutland - aired 22 March 1995
- The Feeding - directed by Steve Jodrell, written by Mac Gudgeon
- My Lovely Girl - directed by Brendan Maher, written by David Boutland - aired 26 April 1995
- Hard Corps - directed by Michael Carson, written by Roger Simpson - aired 14 June 1995
- Lies of the Mind - directed by Michael Offer, written by Jan Sardi - aired 19 July 1995
- Without Consent - directed by Michael Offer, written by David Boutland - aired 14 February 1996
- Sweet Dreams (7 July 1996)
- Cradle and All (11 September 1996)
- Déjà Vu (19 October 1997)
- Isn't It Romantic (19 July 1998)
- Afraid of the Dark (6 September 1998)
- Someone You Know (27 June 1999)
- A Murder of Crows (15 August 1999)
- Swimming with Sharks (26 September 1999)
- A Person of Interest (11 June 2000)
- The Spider and the Fly (27 August 2000)
- A Hate Worse Than Death (5 November 2000)
- The Scorpion's Kiss (21 October 2001)
- Playing God (25 November 2001)
- Takes Two (7 July 2002)
- Australian Television archive
- Halifax f.p. on IMDb
- Halifax f.p. at TV.com
- List of Halifax f.p. episodes at epguides.com.
- Halifax FP - "Afraid of the Dark" at Australian Screen Online
|This article about a television show originating in Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|