County Route 371 going thru Haliimaile
|• Total||3.5 sq mi (9.0 km2)|
|• Land||3.4 sq mi (8.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.07 km2)|
|Elevation||1,001 ft (305 m)|
|• Density||280/sq mi (110/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-10 (Hawaii-Aleutian)|
|GNIS feature ID||0358989|
Haliimaile is located at (20.875211, -156.342340).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 3.5 square miles (9.0 km2), of which 3.4 square miles (8.9 km2) is land and 0.03 square miles (0.07 km2), or 0.76%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 895 people, 254 households, and 193 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 534.0 people per square mile (205.7/km2). There were 260 housing units at an average density of 155.1 per square mile (59.8/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 16.65% White, 0.56% Native American, 40.89% Asian, 16.31% Pacific Islander, 0.22% from other races, and 25.36% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6.26% of the population.
There were 254 households, out of which 30.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 52.8% were married couples living together, 12.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.0% were non-families. 17.7% of all households were made up of individuals, and 7.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.52 and the average family size was 3.84.
In the CDP the population was spread out, with 22.7% under the age of 18, 11.5% from 18 to 24, 28.8% from 25 to 44, 19.9% from 45 to 64, and 17.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females, there were 105.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 102.3 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $49,167, and the median income for a family was $49,792. Males had a median income of $20,536 versus $22,250 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $16,638. About 4.4% of families and 7.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.2% of those under age 18 and 14.4% of those age 65 or over.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Haliimaile CDP, Hawaii". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved December 27, 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Haliimaile CDP, Hawaii". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved December 27, 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Media related to Haliimaile, Hawaii at Wikimedia Commons