||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013)|
10 November 1975 |
|Awards||The Colombina as "Best Supporting Actress" for Shopping and Fucking in 1998
Special Jury Prize for De Prins en het meisje (2007) shared with Fedja van Huêt
Halina Reijn (born 10 November 1975 in Amsterdam) is a Dutch actress and writer.
Halina Reijn was professionally trained at the Maastricht Academy of Dramatic Arts. While still a student, she was asked to join the ensemble at the Theatercompagnie where she had leading roles in plays such as Hamlet (as Ophelia) and Shopping and Fucking (as Lulu) for which she received the prestigious Dutch theater prize, the Colombina, as "Best Supporting Actress" in 1998. In 2003 she joined the ensemble at Toneelgroep Amsterdam. With Toneelgroep Amsterdam, Halina Reijn has performed main roles in The Taming of the Shrew, Hedda Gabler, Oresteia and Mourning Becomes Electra, for which she was nominated for a Theo d'Or for “Best Female Actress”.
In 2006 she starred in A Thousand Kisses directed by Willem van de Sande Bakhuijzen, Black Book directed by Paul Verhoeven (the Dutch entry for the Academy Awards as Best Foreign Language Film) and Blind by Tamar van den Dop. In 2008, she portrayed Margarethe von Oven in Valkyrie starring Tom Cruise.
In 2013 the two published a book together called Anti Glamour, a (mock) style guide and a celebration of their friendship, as well as a candid look into the unglamourous back-stage side of their lives. Although the two occasionally kiss on camera, and have joked about being lesbians, there is no actual romantic involvement.
- Îles flottantes (2001)
- Zus & Zo (2001)
- Villa des roses (2002)
- De Afrekening (2002)
- Flicka (2002)
- Moonlight (2002)
- Grimm (2003)
- X & the Wildmen (2003)
- Polleke (2003)
- Father's Affair (De Passievrucht) (2003)
- Masterclass (2005)
- A Thousand Kisses (Ik Omhels Je Met 1000 Armen) (2006)
- Black Book (Zwartboek) (2006)
- For a few marbles more (Voor een paar knikkers meer) (voice) (2006)
- Blind (2007)
- Nadine (2007)
- Valkyrie (2008)
- Sintel (2010)
- Isabelle (2011)
- Goltzius and the Pelican Company (2011)
- Charlie (2012)
- De Overloper (2012)
- Homepage Halina Reijn
- Interview with Halina Reijn at european-films.net
- Halina Reijn at the Internet Movie Database
- Halina Reijn at Virtual History
- "Carice van Houten 'afgewezen' door Halina Reijn" [Carice van Houten 'turned down' by Halina Reijn] (in Dutch). De Telegraaf. 14 Dec 2013. Retrieved 25 Oct 2014.
- "Beroemdemeidenlol: het ‘stijlboek’ van Van Houten en Reijn" [Famous chicks' fun: Van Houten and Reijn's 'style guide'] (in Dutch). NRC newspaper. 14 Nov 2013. Retrieved 25 Oct 2014.
- "'Anti glamour': Halina Reijn & Carice van Houten" (in Dutch). De Wereld Draait Door. 8 November 2013. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- "Carice van Houten en Halina Reijn zoenen voor fotoshoot Linda" [Carice van Houten and Halina Reijn kiss for fotoshoot in Linda] (in Dutch). NU.nl. 19 Nov 2013. Retrieved 25 Oct 2014.