This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||10 November 1975|
|Awards||The Colombina as "Best Supporting Actress" for Shopping and Fucking in 1998|
Special Jury Prize for De Prins en het meisje (2007) shared with Fedja van Huêt
Halina Reijn (born 10 November 1975) is a Dutch actress and writer.
Halina Reijn was professionally trained at the Maastricht Academy of Dramatic Arts. While still a student, she was asked to join the ensemble at the Theatercompagnie where she had leading roles in plays such as Hamlet (as Ophelia) and Shopping and Fucking (as Lulu) for which she received the prestigious Dutch theater prize, the Colombina, as "Best Supporting Actress" in 1998. In 2003 she joined the ensemble at Toneelgroep Amsterdam. With Toneelgroep Amsterdam, Halina Reijn has performed main roles in The Taming of the Shrew, Hedda Gabler, Oresteia and Mourning Becomes Electra, for which she was nominated for a Theo d'Or for “Best Female Actress”.
In 2006 she starred in A Thousand Kisses directed by Willem van de Sande Bakhuijzen, Black Book directed by Paul Verhoeven (the Dutch entry for the Academy Awards as Best Foreign Language Film) and Blind by Tamar van den Dop. In 2008, she portrayed Margarethe von Oven in Valkyrie starring Tom Cruise.
In 2010 she starred as Lara in "In Therapie", the Dutch version of "In Treatment", and in two Dutch book adaptions. "De Eetclub", directed by Robert Jan Westdijk and "Isabelle" by director Ben Sombogaart. In the summer of 2011 Halina is added to the cast of "Goltzius & The Pelican Company", directed by Peter Greenaway. In 2013 she plays the title role in the weekly TV series "Charlie", a Dutch remake of Showtime's "Nurse Jackie". In 2014 she could be seen in box office hit "Pak van mijn hart", a romantic comedy for the holiday season.
In 2016/2017 she can be seen in the musical film "De Zevende Hemel" and on stage in the play "Obsession" next to Jude Law, this play is a coproduction between Toneelgroep Amsterdam and the Barbican Centre London.
In 2013 the two published a book together called Anti Glamour, a (mock) style guide and a celebration of their friendship, as well as a candid look into the unglamourous back-stage side of their lives. Although the two occasionally kiss on camera, and have joked about being lesbians, there is no actual romantic involvement.
- 2001 Îles flottantes
- 2001 Zus & Zo
- 2002 Villa des roses
- 2002 De Afrekening
- 2002 Flicka
- 2002 Moonlight
- 2003 Grimm
- 2003 X & the Wildmen
- 2003 Polleke
- 2003 Father's Affair (De Passievrucht)
- 2005 Masterclass
- 2006 A Thousand Kisses (Ik Omhels Je Met 1000 Armen)
- 2006 Black Book (Zwartboek)
- 2006 For a few marbles more (Voor een paar knikkers meer) (voice)
- 2007 Blind
- 2007 Nadine
- 2008 Valkyrie
- 2010 Sintel
- 2011 Isabelle
- 2011 Goltzius and the Pelican Company
- 2012 Charlie
- 2012 De Overloper (2012)
- 2014 Pak van mijn hart
- 2015 Boy 7
- 2015 Bagels & Bubbels
- 2015 De Leerling
- 2016 De Zevende Hemel
- 2019 Instinct
- 1997 Hamlet (De Trust) - Ophelia
- 1998 The cherry garden (De Trust)
- 1998 Shopping and fucking (De Trust) - Lulu
- 1998 Adel Blank (De Trust/The Mexican Dog)
- 1999 The last (De Trust) - Ljoeba
- 2000 Koons (De Trust) - Cicciolina
- 2001 Lulu (De Trust) - Lulu
- 2001 Hamlet (De Theatercompagnie) - Ophelia
- 2001 Con Amore (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Poppea
- 2003 The Seagull (De Theatercompagnie) - Nina
- 2003 Three Sisters (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Irina
- 2003-'14 Mourning becomes electra (Toneelgroep Amsterdam/Toneelschuur Haarlem) - Lavinia Mannon
- 2004-'09 The Taming of the Shrew (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Katharina
- 2005 Scenes from a marriage (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Marianne
- 2005 The taming of the shrew (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Anna Tabaknikova
- 2005-'10 Hedda Gabler (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Hedda
- 2006-'08 Oresteia (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Elektra
- 2007 Ajax (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Tekmessa
- 2007 Perfect Wedding (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Heiner
- 2008-'10 Antonioni Project (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Vittoria
- 2008 Cries and whispers (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Maria
- 2008 Rocco and his brothers (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Nadia
- 2008-'17 La voix humaine (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Solo performance
- 2010-'13 Children of the Sun (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Lisa
- 2011-'13 The Russians! (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Sarah
- 2012-'15 Nora (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Nora
- 2012-'14 Husbands (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - 7 rollen
- 2014: Danton's Death (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - St. Just, Julie, Lucile, Marion
- 2014 The Fountainhead (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Dominique Francon
- 2014-'15 Mary Stuart (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Mary Stuart
- 2015-'16 The hidden force (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Leonie van Oudijck
- 2016-'17 Husbands and wives (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Judy
- 2017 Obsession (Toneelgroep Amsterdam) - Hanna
- "Carice van Houten 'afgewezen' door Halina Reijn" [Carice van Houten 'turned down' by Halina Reijn] (in Dutch). De Telegraaf. 14 December 2013. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- "Beroemdemeidenlol: het 'stijlboek' van Van Houten en Reijn" [Famous chicks' fun: Van Houten and Reijn's 'style guide'] (in Dutch). NRC newspaper. 14 November 2013. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- "'Anti glamour': Halina Reijn & Carice van Houten" (in Dutch). De Wereld Draait Door. 8 November 2013. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- "Carice van Houten en Halina Reijn zoenen voor fotoshoot Linda" [Carice van Houten and Halina Reijn kiss for fotoshoot in Linda] (in Dutch). NU.nl. 19 November 2013. Retrieved 25 October 2014.