Hall of Heroes (Forgotten Realms)
|Campaign setting||Forgotten Realms|
|FR1 FR2 FR3 FR4 FR5 FR6 FR7 FR8 FR9 FR10 FR11 FR12 FR13 FR14 FR15 FR16|
Hall of Heroes is an accessory for the Forgotten Realms campaign setting for the second edition of the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game. The 128-page book, with product code TSR 9252, was published in 1989, with cover art by Jeff Easley and interior art by Ned Dameron.
The 128-page book features a one-page introduction by Jim Lowder. The book is divided into three sections. The first section describes the major heroes of the Forgotten Realms novels, including game statistics, personal histories and background information on related characters, and role-playing hints. This section includes at least one page of description for each character, and an illustration. The characters described in this section include Adon, Alias, Bruenor Battlehammer, Cyric, Doin Sanehiro, Drizzt Do'Urden, Dragonbait, Elminster, Kelemvor, Prince Tristan Kendrick, Midnight, Robyn, Shandril Shessair, Narm Tamaraith, and Wulfgar. The second section features 48 minor characters of the setting, who had yet to play a central part in the stories at the time of publication, including game statistics, brief character histories, and role-playing tips. The third section details two adventuring brotherhoods of the setting, the Knights of Myth Drannor and the Company of Eight, including game statistics and information on each member.
The book was written by several authors, including Jeff Grubb, Kate Novak, David E. Martin, Jim Lowder, Bruce Nesmith, Steve Perrin, Mike Pondsmith, and R. A. Salvatore, each of which wrote descriptions for more than one character.
It is one of the few "FR" books which doesn't cover a geographical location. It went through three distinct printings, each of which had slight differences in the design of the cover, although the interior contents were unchanged.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2011)
- "Forgotten Realms: Hall of Heroes". Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Archive. TSR Archive. Retrieved 9 May 2011.
- "FR7: Hall of Heroes". d20 RPG Game Index. RPGnet. Retrieved 10 December 2008.
- "Hall of Heroes (1989)". RPG Database. Pen & Paper. Archived from the original on February 27, 2005. Retrieved 10 December 2008.
- Schick, Lawrence (1991). Heroic Worlds: A History and Guide to Role-Playing Games. Prometheus Books. p. 97. ISBN 0-87975-653-5.
- "Forgotten Realms Accessory Modules (FR1- 16)". The Acaeum. Retrieved 10 December 2008.
|This Dungeons & Dragons article related to the Forgotten Realms is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|