Halla Bol! Kids TV
|Halla Bol! Kids TV|
|Launched||January 16, 2014|
|Owned by||Channel Zero|
Silver Screen Classics
|Bell Fibe TV||670|
|Telus Optik TV||2400|
Halla Bol! Kids TV is a Canadian Category B-exempt Hindi language specialty channel owned by Channel Zero. Halla Bol! Kids TV broadcasts programming primarily aimed at children in addition to select family-oriented programming.
On January 9, 2012, FDR Media Group was given approval by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) to launch a specialty channel named "Hindi Children Channel", described as "a national, niche third-language ethnic Category 21 specialty programming undertaking that would consist of programs focussing on South Asian culture and entertainment catering to Canadian children of South Asian ethnicity from 3 to 10 years of age." Later that month, the channel was officially named Halla Bol! Kids TV.
At an undisclosed point, FDR's broadcast licenses were acquired by Channel Zero. Halla Bol! Kids TV debuted exclusively on Bell Fibe on January 16, 2014. On August 4, 2014, the channel launched in the United States through Dish Network and Sling TV. It was later made available on Rogers Cable and Telus Optik TV.
At the request of Channel Zero, the CRTC revoked the channel's Canadian broadcast license on February 21, 2018. The company continues to operate the channel under exempt status.
- "ARCHIVED - Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-6". CRTC. January 9, 2012. Retrieved August 5, 2018.
- Quan, Danielle (January 18, 2012). "FDR Media looks to target 'underserved' ethnic markets". Media In Canada. Brunico Communications. Retrieved August 5, 2018.
- "Ownership Chart 246 - FDR Media - Specialty Services" (PDF). CRTC. March 2, 2018. Retrieved August 5, 2018.
- Paddon, Natalie; Buist, Steve (March 15, 2016). "CHCH bankruptcy: Channel Zero and its web of companies trigger federal investigation". The Hamilton Spectator. Metroland Media Group. Retrieved August 5, 2018.
- "South Asian Kids Can Now Stroll Down Sesame Street" (PDF) (Press release). Channel Zero. January 16, 2014. Retrieved August 5, 2018.
- Dickson, Jeremy (July 31, 2014). "DISH brings Halla Bol! Kids TV to the US". Kidscreen. Brunico Communications. Retrieved August 5, 2018.
- @SlingInt (July 24, 2014). "Starting Aug. 4, watch HALLA BOL KID'S TV on DishWorld! It's North America's only South Asian kids' channel" (Tweet). Retrieved August 5, 2018 – via Twitter.
- "Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2018-71". CRTC. February 21, 2018. Retrieved August 5, 2018.
|This article about television in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|