Tyrone Township, Livingston County, Michigan
|Tyrone Township, Michigan|
|• Total||36.7 sq mi (95.2 km2)|
|• Land||35.6 sq mi (92.3 km2)|
|• Water||1.1 sq mi (2.8 km2)|
|Elevation||948 ft (289 m)|
|• Density||237.3/sq mi (91.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1627182|
Tyrone Township is home to the Sergeant Patrick O' Rourke Memorial Highway, a highway honoring fallen West Bloomfield Officer Patrick O' Rourke, who was killed in the line of duty
- Hallers Corners is an unincorporated community at the border with Hartland Township at Denton Hill and Holtforth roads ( ).
- Tyrone Center is an unincorporated community at Foley and Hartland roads.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.7 square miles (95.2 km²), of which 35.6 square miles (92.3 km²) is land and 1.1 square miles (2.8 km²) (2.99%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 8,459 people, 2,882 households, and 2,466 families residing in the township. The population density was 237.3 per square mile (91.6/km²). There were 3,020 housing units at an average density of 84.7 per square mile (32.7/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 97.81% White, 0.06% African American, 0.40% Native American, 0.61% Asian, 0.25% from other races, and 0.86% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.96% of the population.
There were 2,882 households out of which 40.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 78.5% were married couples living together, 4.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 14.4% were non-families. 11.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 3.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.93 and the average family size was 3.18.
In the township the population was spread out with 28.8% under the age of 18, 5.5% from 18 to 24, 28.7% from 25 to 44, 29.3% from 45 to 64, and 7.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females there were 101.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 102.4 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $75,994, and the median income for a family was $82,307. Males had a median income of $60,760 versus $35,071 for females. The per capita income for the township was $29,292. About 3.7% of families and 4.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 6.2% of those under age 18 and 2.1% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Tyrone Township, Livingston County, Michigan
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Hallers Corners, Michigan
- "Livingston County Map" (PDF). Base Map by County. State of Michigan Department of Technology, Management and Budget. Retrieved 21 November 2011.