Looking west over Dream Lake. Hallett Peak is on the left with the dramatic cliff band and prominent point.
|Elevation||12,720 ft (3,877 m) |
|Prominence||733 ft (223 m) |
|Isolation||1.97 mi (3.17 km) |
|Location||Continental Divide in
Rocky Mountain National Park between Grand and Larimer counties, Colorado, U.S.
|Parent range||Front Range|
|Topo map||USGS 7.5' topographic map
McHenrys Peak, Colorado
Hallett Peak is a mountain summit in the northern Front Range of the Rocky Mountains of North America. The 12,720-foot (3,877 m) peak is located in the Rocky Mountain National Park Wilderness, 10.1 miles (16.2 km) southwest by west (bearing 240°) of the Town of Estes Park, Colorado, United States, on the Continental Divide between Grand and Larimer counties.
Hallett Peak is on the Continental Divide, flanked by Flattop Mountain to the north and Otis Peak to the south. Just to its east lie Emerald Lake, Dream Lake, and Nymph Lake, which are usually accessed from the Bear Lake Comfort Station.
The Northcutt-Carter Route of Hallett Peak is recognized in the historic climbing text Fifty Classic Climbs of North America. Non-technical climbers may reach the summit of Hallett Peak by hiking up the Flattop Mountain Trail to its highpoint, then walking south along the ridgeline and ascending the peak over talus piles.
- List of Colorado mountain ranges
- List of Colorado mountain summits
- List of Colorado county high points
- "HALLETT TP". NGS data sheet. U.S. National Geodetic Survey. Retrieved November 4, 2014.
- The elevation of Hallett Peak includes an adjustment of +1.612 m (+5.29 ft) from NGVD 29 to NAVD 88.
- "Hallett Peak, Colorado". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved November 4, 2014.
- "Hallett Peak". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved November 4, 2014.
- Roper, Steve; Steck, Allen (1979). Fifty Classic Climbs of North America. San Francisco: Sierra Club Books. ISBN 0-87156-292-8.
- Stewart M. Green Rock Climbing Colorado, Chockstone, Falcon, Helena, MO, 1995; ISBN 1-56044-334-0.