From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hallgarten may refer to:
- Charles Hallgarten (1838-1908), German-American banker, philanthropist and social reformer
- Fritz Hallgarten (1865-1925), chemist, co-founder and honorary citizen of the University of Frankfurt, the son of Charles Hallgarten. Two sons with 'Jella Bonn': 'Hans Otto', a naval architect (1893-1916, killed in Verdun / First World War, a student of Lessing-Gymnasium, later of Berlin Institute of Technology), 'Paul Arnold' (*1902)
- Robert Hallgarten (1870-1924), American-German lawyer and Germanic, son of Charles Hallgarten
- Constance Hallgarten (1881-1969), German pacifist and feminist, wife of Robert Hallgarten
- George WF Hallgarten (1901-1975), German-American historian, son of Robert and Constance Hallgarten
- Richard Hallgarten (1905-1932, known as Ricki Hallgarten), German painter, son of Robert and Constance Hallgarten, friend of Klaus and Erika Mann in Munich
- Liselotte Dieckmann (1902-1994), Germanist, comparative literature scholar, daughter of Emma Eleanore Hallgarten (who was a daughter of Charles Hallgarten) and Max Neisser
- Hallgarten (Pfalz), a municipality in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
- Hallgarten (Rheingau), a Stadtteil of Oestrich-Winkel in Hesse, Germany.
- Hallgarten Prize at the National Academy of Design
- Hallgarten Hall at Dartmouth College, New Hampshire.
|This page lists people with the surname Hallgarten. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|