|Born||March 9, 1948|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Hallie Elizabeth Ephron (born March 9, 1948) is an American novelist, book reviewer, journalist, and writing teacher. She is the author of mystery and suspense novels. Her novels Never Tell a Lie, There Was an Old Woman, Come and Find Me, and Night Night, Sleep Tight were finalists for the Mary Higgins Clark Award. In 2011, Never Tell a Lie was made into a Lifetime television movie entitled And Baby Will Fall, starring Anastasia Griffith, Brendan Fehr, and Clea DuVall.
Ephron's latest book, You'll Never Know, Dear, was published in June 2017 by William Morrow and Company. Her how-to book, Writing and Selling Your Mystery Novel, was nominated for a 2006 Edgar Award with an updated edition released in 2017. She is also the award-winning crime fiction book reviewer for the Boston Globe and teaches fiction writing at writing conferences. For twelve years Ephron reviewed crime fiction for the Boston Globe.
Hallie Ephron was born in Los Angeles, California, to parents Henry and Phoebe Ephron, both East Coast-born-and-raised screenwriters. She is the sister  of Nora Ephron, Delia Ephron, and Amy Ephron. She graduated from Barnard College in 1969. She is married and has two daughters.
- Never Tell a Lie (2009)
- Come and Find Me (2011)
- There Was an Old Woman (2012)
- Night Night, Sleep Tight (2014)
- You'll Never Know, Dear (2017)
- Writing and Selling Your Mystery Novel: Revised and Expanded (2017)
- Writing and Selling Your Mystery Novel: How to Knock ‘em Dead with Style (2005)
- 1001 Books for Every Mood (2008)
- The Bibliophile's Devotional (2009)
Dr. Peter Zak mystery series
Written by Hallie Ephron and Donald Davidoff under the name "G. H. Ephron"
- Amnesia (2000)
- Addiction (2001)
- Delusion (2002)
- Obsessed (2003)
- Guilt (2004)
- "Hallie Elizabeth Ephron (b. 1948)".
- Ephron, Hallie. "You'll Never Know, Dear - Hallie Ephron - Hardcover".
- "Discover the Secrets to Crafting an Unforgettable Mystery - WritersDigestShop".
- "Hallie Ephron on Her Own", Publisher's Weekly, 2008. 255, no. 46: 36-36.
- Rigney, M. "WD Interview: Hallie Ephron", The Writer's Digest, 2002. no. Sep: 36-37.
- "Coming of Age with the Ephron Sisters" in "O" The Oprah Magazine http://www.oprah.com/spirit/Nora-Ephrons-Mother-Hallie-Ephron-Essay
- Ephron, Hallie. "Night Night, Sleep Tight - Hallie Ephron - Hardcover".