||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
January 7, 1962
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Other names||Hallie Eckstein|
|Occupation||Actress/Acting coach and teacher|
|Spouse(s)||Glenn Withrow, 1991-present|
|Children||Ivy Withrow (daughter)|
Todd was born in Los Angeles, California, the daughter of actress Ann Morgan Guilbert and writer/producer George Eckstein. Her older sister Nora Eckstein was an actress and talent agent and coach. Todd also has a younger sister, Jennifer. Todd attended Palisades Charter High School and the Pacific Conservatory of the Performing Arts.
She played a homeless character, “The Kid,” on a Christmas episode of the sitcom, Growing Pains. She played Penny Waters, the daughter of fictional former football player Joe Waters on the Showtime comedy series Brothers, which is her longest lasting role. In 1990, a year after Brothers left the air, Todd moved into her next sitcom role as spunky writer-and-aspiring-comedian Kate Griffin on Going Places. Later roles include Lal, Data’s “daughter,” on the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "The Offspring;" Blanche's niece, Lucy, on the The Golden Girls episode "Nice and Easy;" the mother in the Disney Channel original movie The Ultimate Christmas Present; Hilda's and Zelda’s cousin Marigold, Amanda's mother, on Sabrina, the Teenage Witch; and—Lizzie's mother, Jo McGuire, on Lizzie McGuire.
She also starred in numerous Murder, She Wrote episodes. Todd starred in the feature film The Mooring, which she co-wrote with her husband and daughter. The film was released on DVD, digital download and Video on Demand on February 19, 2013.
Todd is the co-founder of the film production company In House Media and the Hallie Todd Studios acting conservatory, the latter of which is devoted to training actors of all ages.
Todd is married to director/producer Glenn Withrow, whom she wed in 1991. The couple have a daughter, Ivy.
- Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)
- Sam's Son (1984)
- The Check Is in the Mail... (1986)
- The Lizzie McGuire Movie (2003)
- The Mooring (2012)
- Family (1 episode, 1980)
- ABC Afterschool Special (1 episode, 1983)
- Who Will Love My Children? (1983) (TV movie)
- Brothers (Main role, 115 episodes, 1984–89)
- Highway to Heaven (1 episode, 1985)
- The Golden Girls (1 episode, 1986)
- Growing Pains (1 episode, 1986)
- HeartBeat (1 episode, 1988)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (1 episode, 1990)
- Going Places (Main role, 19 episodes, 1990–91)
- Murder, She Wrote (7 episodes, 1989–91)
- Laurie Hill (1 episode, 1992)
- Brooklyn Bridge (1 episode, 1992)
- Murder One (1 episode, 1996)
- Diagnosis: Murder (1 episode, 1996)
- Life with Roger (Main role, 20 episodes, 1996–97)
- Two of a Kind (1 episode, 1998)
- Sabrina, the Teenage Witch (1 episode, 1999)
- The Ultimate Christmas Present (2000) (TV movie)
- Kim Possible (1 episode, 2003)
- Malcolm in the Middle (1 episode, 2004)
- Lizzie McGuire (Main role, 65 episodes, 2001–04)
- Brandy & Mr. Whiskers (1 episode, 2005)
In between her acting roles, Todd wrote two books, Being Young Actors and Parenting The Young Actor.
- "Hallie Todd Biography (1962–)". filmreference.com.
- "The Mooring" (doc). Lionsgate Publicity (via: http://lionsgatepublicity.com/home-entertainment/themooring/). February 19, 2013. Retrieved 2015-09-16. External link in