This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hallmark University is a nonprofit university located in San Antonio, Texas specializing in graduate and undergraduate degrees in four key areas of study including Aeronautics, Healthcare, Business and Information Technology. The institution utilizes an intensive, objective-driven course delivery system with a curriculum inspired by real-world industry needs helping students achieve success in nearly half the time of traditional colleges and universities. Hallmark University is committed to positively developing each student by emphasizing integrity, dependability, leadership, service, stewardship, effective communication and agility. The university offers a number of services, including graduation placement, financial aid and certification preparation and testing, to ensure students achieve success.
The school was authorized by the FAA to teach aircraft maintenance in 1969. In 1974, Richard Fessler became President of Hallmark and led in that capacity through 1999. His vision and commitment to quality education led the expansion of the college into numerous fields of training, including business and electronic engineering. The electronics program was launched in 1981.
In 1982, Hallmark became the first private career school in the State of Texas to be awarded associate degree-granting authority. This expansion of offerings and a growing enrollment led to the addition of two new campuses which continue to serve the college today. In 1985, a second campus opened in the north central San Antonio area. By 1988, the business program was launched at the second campus.
In 1995, Hallmark Aero-Tech was renamed Hallmark Institute of Aeronautics and Hallmark Institute of Technology.
By 2003, the computer networking, medical assisting, and business office administration programs were launched.
In August 2007, Hallmark Institute became Hallmark College, and in 2015 became Hallmark University. It offers degrees in healthcare administration and nursing, aeronautics, business, and computer science. Hallmark's first registered nursing program (first cohort) began in 2011.
To align more closely to its mission and better serve future generations of Hallmark students, Hallmark College was promoted to Hallmark University in January 2015. This change was an important step, paving the way for the next chapter in Hallmark’s legacy.
College of Aeronautics
- Bachelor in Aviation Maintenance Management
- Associate of Applied Science in Airframe and Powerplant Technology
- Associate of Applied Science in Airframe Technology
- Associate of Applied Science in Powerplant Technology
School of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Concentration in Cyber Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology – Microsoft
- Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology – Cisco
School of Business
- Master of Business Administration in Global Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
School of Healthcare
- Associate of Applied Science Degree – Medical Assistant
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management Concentration in Healthcare Management
- Member of Career Colleges and Schools of Texas
- Member of the Career College Association
- Member of Alpha Beta Kappa, a National Honor Society in Arts, Sciences and Trades
- Member of the Professional Aviation Maintenance Association
- Member of the Aviation Technical Education Council
- Member of Higher Education Transfer Alliance (HETA)
- North San Antonio Chamber of Commerce
- Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce
- Project Management Institute Registered Education Provider
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- Sprinkler head failure of 2017
- "History of Hallmark University". History of Hallmark University. Retrieved January 31, 2015.