Hallsboro, North Carolina
|Hallsboro, North Carolina|
|• Total||3.26 sq mi (8.45 km2)|
|• Land||3.26 sq mi (8.45 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||66 ft (20 m)|
|• Density||142/sq mi (55.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||986326|
Because there are no specific crime rates for the town of Hallsboro, the data was taken from Columbus County.
- County population: 58,098
- Total crimes: 3,076
- Murder: 8
- Rape: 11
- Robbery: 58
- Aggravated assault: 205
- Burglary: 991
- Theft: 1,603
- Motor vehicle thefts: 190
- Coverage indicator 98% 
There is an elementary school and middle school in Hallsboro. There is no high school in Hallsboro; the students attend East Columbus High School at Lake Waccamaw. There are no libraries in Hallsboro; the closest is the Rube McCray Memorial Library 5.3 miles (8.5 km) away at Lake Waccamaw.
Hallsboro is located in east-central Columbus County at  It lies 66 feet (20 m) above sea level. The town is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time.(34.322391, -78.598902).
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the Hallsboro CDP has an area of 3.3 square miles (8.5 km2), all of it land.
Surrounding communities include Lake Waccamaw 5 miles (8 km) to the east, Whiteville, the Columbus County seat, 6 miles (10 km) to the west, Bolton 11 miles (18 km) to the east, and Clarkton 13 miles (21 km) to the north.
Local parks and attractions
Born in Hallsboro
- Ann Atwater, civil rights activist in Durham, North Carolina
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Price, North Carolina. Retrieved on 2008-06-28.
- "Hallsboro NC". ZIP Code Lookup. Retrieved 2008-06-28.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Hallsboro CDP, North Carolina". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- Search for Public Libraries - Search Results
- Lake Waccamaw State Park. N.C. Division of Parks and Recreation. Retrieved on 2008-06-28.