Simon Posford at Soulclipse in Turkey, March 2006
|Birth name||Simon Posford|
|Also known as||Gumbo, Walter Ego|
|Born||28 October 1971|
|Origin||Chobham, Surrey, England|
|Genres||Goa trance, downtempo, Chill-out music|
|Occupation(s)||DJ, record producer, sound engineer|
|Years active||1993 – present|
|Associated acts||T.I.P. (The Infinity Project), Dragonfly, Anubis, Audio Chemistry, Axis Mundi, Baba G, Beast, Binah, Celtic Cross, DSP, Dub Trees, Flight, Fly Agaric, Gargoyles, Growlmonizer, Industrical Suicide Tribe, Infernal Machine, Mandala, Metal Sharon, MP3, The Mystery Of The Yeti, Nomads Of Dub, North Central Positronics, Ott, Psykov, Purple Om, Shpongle, Subkha, Twisted Allstars, Younger Brother, Frederic Holyszewski|
Simon Posford (born 28 October 1971), better known by his stage name Hallucinogen is an English electronic musician, specializing in psychedelic trance music. His first studio album, Twisted, released in 1995, is considered one of the most influential albums in the genre. He has toured India several times.
He is also the founder of the label Twisted Records and works in the electronic groups Younger Brother and Shpongle. Younger Brother initially began as a side project of Posford and Benji Vaughan and represented a transition away from previous projects which emphasized a more synthesized style.
Though his music has been self-described as "heavily driven by psychedelica", he always performs while sober due to the complexities of operating many computers and mixers during his events.
- Twisted (1995)
- The Lone Deranger (1997)
- In Dub (2002) (Hallucinogen tracks remixed by Ott)
- In Dub - Live (2009)
- Flux & Contemplation - Portrait of an Artist in Isolation (2020) (as Simon Posford)
- Alpha Centauri / LSD (1994)
- LSD (Live Mix) (1995)
- Angelic Particles / Soothsayer (1995)
- Fluoro Neuro Sponge / Astral Pancakes (1995)
- LSD (1996)
- Deranger (1996)
- Space Pussy (1996)
- Mi-Loony-Um! (2000)
- LSD (Remixes) (2003)
- Pipeworm (2013) feat. Lucas O'Brien, Domestic, Loud
- "Hallucinogen reviews, music, news - sputnikmusic". www.sputnikmusic.com. Retrieved 10 December 2019.
- Lakhani, Somya (27 November 2010). "Indian Pause". Indian Express. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- Potts, Diane. "Hallucinogen: Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 9 July 2011.
- Kellman, Andy. "Younger Brother: Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 9 July 2011.
- Pareles, Jon (12 July 2009). "The Bigger-Band Sounds of a Trance-Music Duo". The New York Times. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- "Music & Me: Younger Brother". The Independent. 11 March 2011. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- Nutting, P.J. (21 April 2011). "Terrifying tower of electronic tones". Boulder Weekly. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- Anderson, Rick. "In Dub: Review". Allmusic. Retrieved 9 July 2011.