Halmstad University, Sweden
|Motto||The Innovation Driven University|
|Students||9 608 (2016)|
|Affiliations||EUA, SUHF, NUAS|
Halmstad University (Swedish: Högskolan i Halmstad) is a University (Swedish: högskola) in Halmstad, Sweden. It was established in 1983. Halmstad University is a public higher education institution offering bachelor's and master's programmes in various fields of studies. In addition, it conducts Ph.D. programmes in three fields of research, namely, Information Technology, Innovation Science and Health Science.
Halmstad University has 9,608 students, 53 professors and 95 research students (numbers from 2016). The study programmes and courses cover 65 programmes and 120 single subject courses. The university conducts doctoral programmes in Information Technology, Innovation Science and Health Science.
Halmstad university actively takes part in society and community development projects through an extensive programme of cooperative ventures involving the business and public sectors. In 2013, the university adopted a profile which is summed up in the following vision statement: "Halmstad University prepares people for the future by creating values, driving innovation and developing society."
Halmstad University's educational profile is made up of three interwoven areas of strength which can be summarised as the development and study of organisations, products and quality of life. This is based on the three main research areas of the university: Innovation Science, Information Technology and Health Science.
Halmstad university is organised into the following 4 schools (called "academies" in Swedish):
- School of Business, Engineering and Science
- School of Health and Welfare
- School of Education, Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Information Technology
Research Centres and Research Groups
The research at Halmstad university is organised into the following 6 research centres:
- The Rydberg Laboratory for Applied Sciences (RLAS)
- Center for Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Learning research (CIEL)
- Center for Learning, Culture and Society (CLKS)
- Center of research on Welfare, Health and Sport (CVHI)
- Halmstad Embedded and Intelligent Systems Research (EIS)
- Universitets- och högskolerådet list of "Recognised higher education institutions in Sweden"
- Högskolan i Halmstad - Official site
|This Swedish university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|