This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||Perth, Western Australia, Australia|
After self-releasing a debut EP titled Into the Crash Barrier in 1999, Halogen then gained national prominence in Australia through the song "Hole Around My Heart" from their 2001 Phantom/MGM-released EP Somewhere You're Alone. The song won the WAM Song of the Year in 2001.
With the release of the single "Walkaway", and an accompanying tour of Australia's east coast (including a showcase performance at the Australian Music Week), the band furthered their claim for national attention. The single received rotational airplay on national broadcaster Triple J and a follow-up single, "On A Bridge", also gained rotational airplay on the national broadcaster. Both singles found their way onto the band's 2003 debut album Save the Ones You Love which was released on Karmic Hit, a Sydney-based independent record label formed by Steve Kilbey from The Church. The release of a third single, "Caught Me", was supported by another east coast tour.
Rather than taking a traditional recording approach for their follow-up album, Building On The Edge Of The Sky, songwriters Jasmine Yee and Frans Bisschops directed each composition to a different emerging producer. The album was released on Karmic Hit in 2003 and the result was a brilliant, if somewhat eclectic, recording taking Halogen away from the brooding guitars that previously typified their sound and into the realm of electronica.
In 2006 another EP, Baby Eyes, preceded the release of the band's third album, titled Sirens.
In addition to her work in Halogen, Yee has also undertaken a number of other collaborations include singing on the Pendulum song, "Sounds of Life" on their 2005 album, Hold Your Colour, backing vocals for Fourth Floor Collapse as well as vocals for "Can’t let You be Lonely" by The Transients.
After several lineup changes, Yee and Bisschops formed on an electronica-based side project with local producer, Trilby Temperley, the older brother of Kavyen Temperley (Eskimo Joe), called She Selexx.
- Chris Ashton - guitar (2000-2003)
- Frans Bisschops - guitar, keyboard (1998- )
- Jeff Bullen - drums (1998-2000)
- Jason Clemo - guitar (1998-2000)
- Ben Crooke - drums (2000- )
- Trent Dhue - guitar, keyboard, trumpet (2003-)
- Neil Scothern - bass (2000-2002)
- Rob Maszkowski - bass (2002- )
- Jasmine Yee - vocals (1998- )
- Save The Ones You Love - Karmic Hit (KH016) (10 March 2003)
- Building On The Edge Of The Sky - Karmic Hit (KH020) (5 July 2004)
- Sirens - Karmic Hit (KH036) (15 July 2006)
- Into The Crash Barrier - Independent self release (H#001) (1999)
- Somewhere You're Alone - Phantom/MGM (PMR040s) (1 February 2001)
- Parade - Karmic Hit (2003) Limited edition
- Baby's Eyes - Karmic Hit (KH034) (6 February 2006)
- "Walkaway/Drive" - Phantom/MGM (MWA075) (2001)
- "On A Bridge/Hole Around My Heart" - Phantom/MGM (MWA088) (4 February 2002)
- "Caught Me" - Karmic Hit (2003) Promo Only
- "In The Summer" - Karmic Hit (12 March 2005) Limited edition