Jump to navigation Jump to search
Halon may refer to:
- Haloalkane, or halogenoalkane, a group of chemical compounds consisting of alkanes with linked halogens (in particular, bromine-containing haloalkanes)
- Halomethane fire extinguishing systems
- Various compounds that have been used in agriculture, dry cleaning, fire suppression, and other applications.
- Halon 10001 (iodomethane)
- Halon 1001 (bromomethane)
- Halon 1011 (bromochloromethane, CH2BrCl)
- Halon 104 (carbon tetrachloride)
- Halon 1103 (tribromofluoromethane)
- Halon 112 (dichlorofluoromethane)
- Halon 1201 (bromodifluoromethane)
- Halon 1202 (dibromodifluoromethane)
- Halon 1211 (bromochlorodifluoromethane, CF2ClBr)
- Halon 122 (dichlorodifluoromethane)
- Halon 1301 (bromotrifluoromethane, CBrF3)
- Halon 14 (tetrafluoromethane)
- Halon 242 (1,2-dichlorotetrafluoroethane)
- Halon 2402 (dibromotetrafluoroethane, C2Br2F4)—used as a fire extinguisher
- Halon 2600 (hexafluoroethane)
- Halon (software), a mail transfer agent (MTA) program
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Halon.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.