Halsey House (Southampton, New York)
The house has been restored, and is open to the public as a museum- filled with many of the same items that were owned by Thomas Halsey's family and other relics. The collection on display includes 17th- and 18th-century furnishings, a Dominy clock, and a rare 16th-century Breeches Bible, this version speaks of Adam and Eve wearing "breeches made of fig leaves." The Halsey estate in Southampton, New York, includes herb and flower gardens and an orchard that are overseen by the Southampton Colonial Society.
The Halsey House is also a common gathering place for social events and a variety of programs open to the public.
- "Southampton, New York | United States | Southampton Historical Museum". Southampton, New York | United States | Southampton Historical Museum. Retrieved 2018-03-28.
- Hamptons.com Article
- New York Times article on Long Island history
- Old Halsey House Pictures
- Southampton Historical Museum
- New York Times Article on Halsey House Renovation