Hamad bin Abdullah Al Thani
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sheikh Hamad bin Abdullah bin Jassim bin Muhammed Al Thani (1896 – 27 May 1948) (Arabic: حمد بن عبدالله بن جاسم بن محمد آل ثاني ) was an Heir Apparent of the State of Qatar. Sheikh Hamad was the second son of the second Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Abdullah bin Jassim Al Thani, and also the father of the fifth Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamad Al Thani.
He was born in Doha and educated privately at the palace. In 1935, he was appointed as Heir Apparent by his father and served as Deputy Ruler on several times. Early on in his childhood, his father exposed him in to the life of a politician. He died early; he was expected to become the next emir, but he died when his father was alive. Later upon his death, his father passed the powers to his older son, Ali bin Abdullah Al Thani.
He died at Dukhan on 27 May 1948.
Marriage and children
- HE Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani
- HE Sheikh Abdelaziz bin Hamad Al Thani
- HE Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad Al Thani
- HH Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamad Al Thani, 2nd Emir of Qatar, 5th Hakim of Qatar
- HE Sheikh Abdelrahman bin Hamad Al Thani
- HE Sheikh Suhaim bin Hamad Al Thani
- HE Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad Al Thani
- HE Sheikh Nassir bin Hamad Al Thani
- HE Sheikh Ahmed bin Hamad Al Thani