Hamburg, Franklin County, Indiana
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Elevation||971 ft (296 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||449665|
A post office was established at Hamburg in 1867, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1929.
Hamburg is located at.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Hamburg, Franklin County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- Reifel, August Jacob (1915). History of Franklin County, Indiana. Windmill Publications. p. 167.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 154. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...and named for the city in Germany.
- "Franklin County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
|This Franklin County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|