Hamburger SV II
|Full name||Hamburger Sport-Verein e. V.|
|Founded||29 September 1887 (club)|
|Head coach||Soner Uysal (caretaker)|
|League||Regionalliga Nord (IV)|
The team has qualified for the first round of the DFB-Pokal, the German Cup, on five occasions. They currently play in the tier four Regionalliga Nord, in the fourth tier of the German football league system.
The team first played in the highest football league in Hamburg when it won promotion to the tier two Amateurliga Hamburg in 1955. The team was relegated from the league again in 1959 but returned in 1961. With the introduction of the Bundesliga in 1963 and the Regionalliga as the second tier below it the Amateurliga dropped to the third tier and was renamed to Landesliga Hamburg. HSV Amateure earned a runner-up finish in the league in 1964 but otherwise remained an undistinguished side in the Landesliga, eventually suffering another relegation in 1972.
The team returned to what had now become the Verbandsliga Hamburg in 1979, initially continuing its trend of mid-table finishes but improving from 1984 onwards. It won three league championships in 1986, 1987 and 1989 but failed to win promotion to the Oberliga Nord in the first two attempts, eventually succeeding in the third. The team played in the Oberliga from 1989 to 1994 as a mid-table side and qualified for the new Regionalliga Nord in 1994 when the league was established.
The team played in the Regionalliga until 2000 when a sixteenth-place finish forced it down to the Oberliga Hamburg/Schleswig-Holstein for two seasons. A league title in the latter in 2002 allowed the club promotion back up to the Regionalliga Nord where it has been playing since, with a third-place finish in 2014–15 as its best result.
The team has also taken part in the DFB-Pokal on five occasions, courtesy to its Hamburger Pokal performance. On four occasions, in 1974–75, 1981–82, 1996–97 and 1997–98, the team was knocked out in the first round but in 1991–92 it advanced to the fourth round before losing 1–0 to Karlsruher SC.
The team's honours:
- Oberliga Hamburg/Schleswig-Holstein
- Champions: 2002
- Verbandsliga Hamburg
- Champions: (3) 1986, 1987, 1989
- Hamburger Pokal
- Winners: (3) 1991, 1996, 1997
- With the introduction of the Regionalligas in 1994 and the 3. Liga in 2008 as the new third tier, below the 2. Bundesliga, all leagues below dropped one tier.
|↑ Promoted||↓ Relegated|
Hamburger SV II play at the Wolfgang-Meyer-Sportanlage, Hamburg. Previously, the team played at the Edmund-Plambeck-Stadion, Norderstedt.
- As of 5 June 2015 
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Current coaching staff
|Soner Uysal (caretaker)||Head coach|
|Mehdi Mahdavikia||Assistant coach|
|Jan Hasenkamp||Fitness coach|
|Manfred Zielsdorf||Team Official|
- Historic German football league tables (German) Das Deutsche Fussball Archiv, accessed: 30 January 2015
- Regionalliga Nord tables and results (German) Weltfussball.de, accessed: 30 January 2015
- DFB-Pokal (German) Weltfussball.de, accessed: 30 January 2015
- Das deutsche Fußball-Archiv (German) Historical German domestic league tables
- Fussball.de – Ergebnisse (German) Tables and results of all German football leagues
- "HSV: Spieler" (in German). hsv.de. Retrieved 11 July 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hamburger SV.|