Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University
جامعة حمدان بن محمد الإلكترونية
|Hamdan Bin Mohammed e-University|
|Chairman||Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum|
|Chancellor||Dr. Mansoor Al Awar|
Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University (formerly Hamdan Bin Mohammed e-University) the first e-University in the United Arab Emirates, was inaugurated in February, 2009. The President of the University is the Crown Prince of Dubai, Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum.. The University was formerly known as e-TQM College which was established in 2002. Being the first e-learning institute in the U.A.E, its working model has paved the way for the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR), UAE to design standards for accreditation for an e-learning institution. Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University (HBMSU) follows in its delivery of learning a blended learning. Specifically, blended learning in HBMSU refers when different delivery methods are combined together to deliver a particular course. These methods may include a mixture of face-to-face classrooms, online classrooms, and self-paced learning.
The student-centered environment at the University is reflected in the support offered to learners with automated pre-enrolment and admissions support, e-virtual communities and learners’ clubs, and additional learning resources such as the Library, e-Career, and Placement Services, using the ICT technologies to communicate with learners across the globe. Its flagship virtual learning environment, Smart Campus  won the 2015 Wharton-QS Stars Reimagine Education Awards.
The University is based on the paradigm of Lifelong Learning model providing all of its professional programs through certification routes to progress through a career path in multiple sectors including quality and business management, banking, healthcare, environment, smart learning, and e-education.
- The University is the first smart university accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education in the U.A.E.
- The University was the first Middle East organization to host International Council for Open and Distance Education Standing Conference of Presidents (SCOP 2012).
- In 2012, the University also became the first educational institute to enter children’s entertainment world at KidZania® Dubai.
- In 2014, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum launched the world's first online e-MBA in Islamic Banking & Finance designed by HBMSU at the 10th World Islamic Economic Forum..
- The University recently announced the launch of the first fully online master's degree offered by a University in the U.A.E.
Accredited by UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
The postgraduate degree of Master of Islamic Banking and Finance is accredited by Finance Accreditation Agency.
The postgraduate degree of Master in Public Health is accredited by Agency for Public Health Education Accreditation(APEHA).
The University campus is located in Dubai, one of the seven emirates of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the second largest city in United Arab Emirates. It is located in Dubai Academic City in Dubai, U.A.E an educational free zone.
Faculty & Staff - 350 Students Enrollment - 1600
School of Business & Quality Management
The School is accredited locally in the UAE by the Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research and internationally by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
School of Health and Environment Studies
School of e-Education
Cloud Campus  is a repository of 60 to 90-second videos that use the micro-learning method to disseminate and maximize knowledge retention. Cloud Campus offers 5,000 courses covering professional business skills, digital tools, and applications. Cloud Campus partnered with Starbucks to offer direct access to 10 hours of free interactive lectures which can be viewed using mobile devices, laptops, tablets, and smartphones running on Android, iOS, and Windows in its outlets across U.A.E.
Dubai Center for Islamic Banking and Finance
The Dubai Center for Islamic Banking and Finance (DCIBF)  is a specialized center for the development of human capital and talent in the Islamic finance industry and has been established in partnership with the “Dubai: Capital of Islamic Economy” initiative by Dubai Islamic Economy Development Centre.
Innovation Arabia , established in 2007 is an annual multi-conference on management, healthcare, education and Islamic Banking, organized by Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University.
- "Dubai Crown Prince launches Hamdan Bin Mohammed e-university".
- Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum
- "HBMSU's 'Smart Campus' wins first place in Middle East Regional Awards category of 2015 Wharton-QS Stars Reimagine Education Awards". 21 February 2016.
- "Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University". www.dubai.ae.ae.
- "KidZania - Media Room". www.kidzania.ae.
- "Mohammed Bin Rashid launches world's first online EMBA in Islamic Banking & Finance at 10th World Islamic Economic Forum".
- "Hamdan Bin Mohammed University Announces First Online MSc Degree in Innovation in UAE". www.hbmsu.ac.ae.
- "HBMSU and Starbucks partner for smart learning"
- "Dubai Crown Prince launches Islamic banking centre"