Hamid Bin Ahmad Al-Rifaie
|Prof. Hamid AL-Rifaie|
|Born||February 9, 1940|
|President of IIFD & Co-President of WMC|
H. E. Prof. Dr. Hamid Bin Ahmad Al-Rifaie (Arabic: معالي الأستاذ الدكتور حامد الرفاعي) is a Saudi activist and thinker, and president of the International Islamic Forum for Dialogue (IIFD ), and co-president of the World Muslim Congress.
Al-Rifaie was born in 1940 in Busor Alharer village in the Huraan Region, Syria in a famous family (AL-RIFAIE). His father, Sheikh Ahmed bin Zaal Beck Al-Rifaie , from leaders and dignitaries in Huraan. Was from the tribal leader, and he was one of the few educated, who hold degrees from America at that time. His grandfather is Sheikh Zaal Beck Al-Rifaie, was from the leaders and dignitaries in Huraan . He was of the pillars of the national revolution against the French, and the right-hand man Sheikh elders Huraan Sheikh Ismail Pasha Al-Rifaie Through and after a French mandate over Syria.
Hamid Al-Rifaie earned B. Sc. In Chemistry and geology from University of Damascus and M.Sc. in industrial Organic Chemistry from Al-Azhar University and Surry University. He was awarded his PhD degree in Organic Chemistry from Cairo University.
He interested in the dialogue among the followers of religions and cultures for more than 30 years where he gained a big experience in fields of dialogue and became today one of the more famous persons in the subject of the dialogue all over the world.
Prof. Al-Rifaie within activity of IIFD signed more than ten protocols regarding of the dialogue among IIFD and a big number of the international religious and cultural foundation throughout the world such as:
- The Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue - Vatican.
- The American National Council of the Churches of Christ-Washington.
- The Middle East Council of Churches - Cyprus.
- The World Council of Churches - Geneva.
- The Russian Cultural Glory Center - Moscow.
- The World Buddhist Sangha Council - Taiwan .
- The Middle East Institute for Peace and development - New York.
- The World Hindu Council - New Delhi.
- Secondary School - Teacher of Chemistry, 1962-1978.
- Professor of industrial organic chemistry–King Abdul Aziz University, 1978-1998.
Positions in the Field of Islamic Activities
- Member of Presidential institution, International Islamic Council for Da’wah and Relief.
- Co-President, Islamic-Catholic Liaison Committee  – Vatican.
- Member of Committee of the Islamic Coordination in the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC).
- Member of the experts Committee for Strategic Studies at the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC).
- Vice President of the Islamic Information Committee.
- Member of the International Islamic Charity Commission.
- Member of the International Commission on Scientific Signs in the Qur'an and the Sunnah.
- Member 100Grop for world Peace.
- Member the World Council of the Religious Leaders.
- Member Supreme Committee of AL-Risalah Channel.
- Member of the world supreme council of the Mosques formerly.
- Prof. at King Abdul Aziz University formerly.
- Member of several international organizations and commissions.
- Several research papers in Chemistry.
- A great number (over 85) of papers, essays, and other publications in the field of Islamic thought and Civilizational Studies such as:
- “The Islamic Nation and the Crisis of Civilization”.
- “Mutual Acquaintance and human Security”.
- “Muslims and the West”.
- “Civility of Dialogue and disagreement in Islam”.
- “World Systems and Human Rights and Obligations”.
- Ethics of Islamic Discourse Addressed to Non-Muslims”.
- “Jerusalem and Secure Peace”.
- “And What about Globalization and Globalization?
- “Yes to Dialogue, No to Dialogue”.
- “Human Generations and Their Need to Be Introduced to the Islamic Project of Civilization”.
- “A Strategic Study of the Present and Future of Islamic Work”.
- “The Future Form of Unity and Islamic Solidarity”.
- “Globalization and Globalization: An Islamic Perspective”.
- “Civilization and the Problem of Terminology and Performance”.
- “The Intermediary community as a Rational Basis for the Dialogue of Civilizations”.
- “Complementarity of Civilizations”.
- “Islam and the launching Points of a Common Ground for World Civilizations”.
- The Other and the Problem of Terminology and Dialogue.
- Partners Not Guardians: Islam and Its Response to Human Security Aspirations.
- Here we are ! Who are you ?
- AL-Bi'aoiah( Islamic Social contract) and the Democracy.
- Come to a Just Word.
- But you are Scum!
- March of dialogue in the recent history.
- Secularism between extremism and moderation.
- AL-Wasatiyyah And Orthodox pivot for dialogoe of cultures.
Prof. AlL-Rifaie shared in more than 198 international conference throughout the world.
- International Islamic Forum for Dialogue (IIFD )
- 'Huraan Area
- ISLAMIC-CATHOLIC LIAISON COMMITTEE
- The 14th meeting session of Islamic – Catholic Liaison Committee
- Supreme Committee of AL-Risalah Channel)
- BooK :Globalization and Globalization: An Islamic Perspective, By Prof. AL-Rifaie
- BooK :Civilization and the Problem of Terminology and Performance , By Prof. AL-Rifaie
- BooK :Complementarity of Civilizations , By Prof. AL-Rifaie
- BooK :Islam and the launching Points of a Common Ground for World Civilizations , By Prof. AL-Rifaie
- BooK :Here we are ! Who are you , By Prof. AL-Rifaie
- BooK :AL-Wasatiyyah And Orthodox pivot for dialogoe of cultures, By Prof. AL-Rifaie
- Here We Are..! Who Are You..? ISBN 9960-56-837-7
- Universality and Globalization: An Islam Perspective.ISBN 9960-47-798-3
- Islam and woman Veneration. ISBN 9960-47-800-9
- Complementary of Civilization. ISBN 9960-47-801-7
- Islam .. and the common launching – Points of the Human Civilization. ISBN 9960-47-756-8
- AL-WASATIYYAH AN ORTHODOX PIVOT FOR DIALOGUE OF CULTURES. ISBN 9960-47-799-1
- AL-HADARA ( CIVILIZATION ): COMPLEXITY OF TERMINOLOGY AND COMPLEXITY OF PERFORMANCE. ISBN 9960-47-797-5
- Partners Not Guardians. ISBN 9960-52-906-1
- AL-BAI'AWIYAH AND AL- DIMOCRATI'AH. ISBN 9960-9874-0-X
- Acquaintance & Human Safety. ISBN 9960-674-78-9
- International Islamic Forum For Dialogue
- WCC convenes international Christian - Muslim consultation
- Prince Contributes To Islamic “Dialog” Organization Tied to Global Muslim Brotherood
- Harmony, Peace & Universal Values: Buddhism & Islamic Perspective
- The First Session of Dialogue Between The International Islamic Forum for Dialogue (IIFD) & The Middle East Council of Churches (MECC)
- Islamic-Catholic committee condemns attacks against Iraqi churches
- Pontifical Council for Inter-Religious Dialogue, co-chaired the 3-day meeting along with Professor Hamid bin Ahmad Al-Rifaie, the president of the International Islamic Forum for Dialogue
- The Catholic delegation was headed by Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran, president of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue, while the Islamic delegation was headed by Professor Hamid bin Ahmad Al-Rifaie, president of the International Islamic Forum for Dialogue, of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Islamic-Catholic groups asks prayers for peace :Archbishop Michael Fitzgerald, president of the Pontifical Council for Inter-religious Dialogue and head of the Vatican delegation, and Prof. Hamid bin Ahmad AL-Rifaie, president of the International Islamic Forum for Dialogue in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia head of the Islamic delegation, signed the communique.
- Vatican City : Prof. Dr. Hamid Bin Ahmad Al-Rifaie, president of International Islamic Forum for Dialogue, and Archbishop Michael L. Fitzgerald president of Pontifical Council For Inter-religious Dialogue, signed the joint statement which was issued in both English and Arabic.
- The Problem of Women and Society, by: Prof. Dr. Hamid Bin Ahmad Al-Rifaie
- World Muslim Congress: A two-day seminar on "Harmony, Peace & Universal Values: Buddhism & Islamic Perspective", organized by the Jamiyah Singapore and Singapore Buddhist Lodge in co-operation with the International Islamic Forum for Dialogue, Saudi Arabia was held at Jamiyah Singapore recently.
- With the help of God the Islamic-Catholic Liaison Committee held its ninth meeting in the Vatican, 19-20 January 2004, equivalent to 27-28 Dhu al-Qa'da 1424. The Catholic delegation was headed by Archbishop Michael L. Fitzgerald, President of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue, Vatican City, while the Islamic delegation was headed by Prof. Dr Hamid bin Ahmad Al-Rifaie, President of the International Islamic Forum for Dialogue, Jeddah.
- Statement on Islamic-Catholic Committee Meeting
- International Islamic Forum For Dialogue
- Dialogue With Vatican
- Dialogue With Middle East Council of Churches
- Islamic – Catholic Liaison Committee
- The book " We and the other and the problem of the term and dialogue " Author: Prof. Hamid Al-Rifaie - Publisher: World Muslim Congress - Publication Date: 2006
- Complementarity of Civilizations - Prof. Hamid Al-Rifaie - President of the International Islamic Forum for Dialogue
- Islamic-Catholic Panel Reaches 5 Conclusions
- The Book " The March Muslim dialogue - Christian Contemporary " By: Prof. Hamid Al-Rifaie - Publisher: World Muslim Congress - Publication Date: 2008
- Books List Of Prof AL-Rifaie ( Arabic - English)
- Prof. AL-Rifaie with Pope Of Vatican