Hamilton GO Centre
|Location||36 Hunter Street East
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Tracks||2 + 1 bypass|
|Bus operators|| GO Transit
Hamilton Street Railway
|Parking||54 reserved parking spots|
|Bicycle facilities||45 secure indoor spaces (paid)
98 covered outdoor spaces
44 exposed outdoor spaces 
|Station code||GO Transit: HMGO|
|Previous names||TH&B Railway Station|
|Official name||Toronto, Hamilton & Buffalo Railway Station|
Hamilton GO Centre is a GO Transit train and bus station located at Hunter Street East and Hughson Street South in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Unlike other GO stations, which usually connect only with local public transit buses, the centre doubles as a regional bus terminal for private intercity coach carriers including Greyhound Canada and Coach Canada.
Hamilton GO Centre is an Art Deco/Streamline Moderne railway station designed by New York architects Fellheimer & Wagner. It was planned as a large complex it was reduced in size with a 7-storey office block. It opened in 1933 as the head office and the Hamilton station of the Toronto, Hamilton and Buffalo Railway (TH&B). Passenger service on the TH&B was discontinued on April 26, 1981, and the TH&B merged into the Canadian Pacific Railway in 1987, leaving the facility completely disused.
In the early 1990s, GO Transit provided service out of two facilities in Hamilton: trains were routed along the CN Grimsby subdivision to the Hamilton CNR Station 1.6 km to the north, and buses operated from an older bus station at on the northern edge of Hamilton's Central Business District at John Street North and Rebecca Street. In order to better connect GO Transit service to Hamilton's CBD, improve the interface with the Hamilton Street Railway, and consolidate train and bus services at a single site, renovations were undertaken to convert the TH&B station into the Hamilton GO Centre. The new facility, designed by Garwood-Jones & Hanham Architects, opened on April 30, 1996.
Hamilton Street Railway
Although many Hamilton Street Railway (HSR) routes stop immediately adjacent to the Hamilton GO Centre, until 2009 only Route 51 - University used the station's bus terminal. On June 28, 2009, downtown bus routes were realigned and new bus platforms inside the GO Centre become the downtown terminus points for three busy lower city routes: Route 1 - King, Route 2 - Barton and Route 3 - Cannon.
The GO station is the western terminus of Lakeshore West trains and GO bus routes 16, 18, 40, and 47. Via Rail trains do not serve Hamilton, but interchange with the GO line at Aldershot Station in neighbouring Burlington.
Toronto, Hamilton and Buffalo Railway Museum
A railway museum with an interpretation centre is located on the mezzanine level.
Bus platform assignments
- 1: GO Bus arrivals
- 2: GO Bus arrivals
- 3: GO Bus arrivals
- 4: GO Bus arrivals
- 5: GO Bus arrivals
- 6: GO Bus arrivals
- 7: GO Bus 16, Queen Elizabeth Way express to Toronto Union Station Bus Terminal
- 8: GO Bus 40, Hamilton/Richmond Hill Pearson Express to Richmond Hill Centre Terminal, via Oakville Carpool Lot, Square One Bus Terminal and Toronto Pearson International Airport
- 9: GO Bus 47 - Highway 407 West, via Square One and Bramalea GO Station to York University
- 10: GO Bus 18, connector to GO Train (via Aldershot and Burlington) to Union Station (Toronto)
- 11: Greyhound Canada - Toronto, London, Windsor
- 12: Coach Canada - Niagara Falls
- 13: Coach Canada - Cambridge, Kitchener
- 14: Casino Coach - Fallsview Casino, Casino Niagara
- 15: Unloading and layover
- 16: Unloading and layover
- 17: Hamilton Street Railway - Route 3 Cannon and Route 51 University
- 18: Hamilton Street Railway - Route 1 King and Route 2 Barton
- "Parking a bicycle at Hamilton Centre station". Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "The Toronto, Hamilton & Buffalo Railway Station". Forgotten Buffalo. Retrieved 17 October 2016.
- Garwood-Jones & Hanham •GO Transit Station Renovation
- 16 Hamilton/Toronto Express GO Bus Schedule
- Lakeshore West GO Bus Schedule
- 40 Hamilton/Richmond Hill GO Bus Schedule
- 407 West GO Bus Schedule
- 18 Lakeshore West GO Bus Schedule
- "3 CANNON" (PDF). Bus Schedules. Hamilton Street Railway. 6 September 2015.
Bus stop numbers: Hamilton GO Centre Platform 17
- "51 UNIVERSITY" (PDF). Bus Schedules. Hamilton Street Railway. 6 September 2015.
Bus stop numbers: Hamilton Station Platform 17
- "1 KING" (PDF). Bus Schedules. Hamilton Street Railway. 28 June 2015.
Bus stop numbers: Go Centre Platform 18
- "2 BARTON" (PDF). Bus Schedules. Hamilton Street Railway. 28 June 2015.
Bus stop numbers: GO Centre Platform 18
Media related to Hamilton GO Centre at Wikimedia Commons