Hamilton Township Schools
|Hamilton Township Schools|
|1876 Dr. Dennis Foreman Drive
Mays Landing, NJ 08330
|Business administrator||Anne-Marie Fala|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||4,370 (as of 2014-15)|
|District Factor Group||CD|
The Hamilton Township Schools are a comprehensive community public school district, serving students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade from Hamilton Township, in Atlantic County, New Jersey, United States.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "CD", the sixth-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Public school students in ninth through twelfth grades attend Oakcrest High School, located in Hamilton Township, which serves students from Hamilton Township. As of the 2014-15 school year, the high school had an enrollment of 992 students and 93.2 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 10.6:1. The high school is part of the Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District, a regional high school district serving students at the district's two other schools, Absegami High School and Cedar Creek High School, from the other constituent districts of Egg Harbor City, Galloway Township and Mullica Township, together with students from the City of Port Republic and Washington Township (in Burlington County), who attend as part of sending/receiving relationships with their respective school districts.
Awards, recognition and rankings
For the 1998-99 school year, the George L. Hess Educational Complex was recognized with the National Blue Ribbon Award from the United States Department of Education, the highest honor that an American school can achieve.
- Elementary schools
- Joseph C. Shaner Memorial School with 621 students in grades K - 1
- Daniel M. Cartwright, Principal
- George Hess Educational Complex with 1,490 in pre-kindergarten and grades 2 - 5
- Middle school
- William Davies Middle School with 991 students in grades 6 - 8
- Frank Vogel, Superintendent
- Anne-Marie Fala, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for Hamilton Township School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 28, 2014.
- Oakcrest High School 2013 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed March 19, 2015. "Oakcrest High School is entering its 53rd school year of academic excellence. Oakcrest is a comprehensive high school located in Mays Landing that provides a secondary school education to Hamilton Township."
- School data for Oakcrest High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District 2016 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 6, 2017. "The Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District serves the communities of Galloway Township, Hamilton Township, Egg Harbor City, Mullica Township and participates in receiving relationships with Port Republic and Washington Township. The geographic area of the district is the largest in the state, covering 324 square miles. The student body of each of the district's three comprehensive high schools, Absegami High School, Cedar Creek High School, and Oakcrest High School, reflects the socioeconomic and ethnic diversity of this geographic area."
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program: Schools Recognized 1982-1983 through 1999-2002 (PDF), United States Department of Education. Accessed May 11, 2006.
- Star School Award recipient detail, New Jersey Department of Education, Archived December 18, 2006. Accessed November 25, 2009.
- School Data for the Hamilton Township Schools, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- New Jersey School Directory for the Hamilton Township Schools, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- Joseph C. Shaner Memorial School, Hamilton Township Schools. Accessed January 10, 2017.
- George Hess Educational Complex, Hamilton Township Schools. Accessed January 10, 2017.
- Hess School Administration, George L. Hess Educational Complex. Accessed January 10, 2017.
- William Davies Middle School, Hamilton Township Schools. Accessed January 10, 2017.
- Davies Administrators, William Davies Middle School. Accessed January 10, 2017.
- Central Office Staff, Hamilton Township Schools. Accessed January 10, 2017.
- New Jersey School Directory for Atlantic County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.