|Full name||Hamish Duncan Rutherford|
27 April 1989 |
Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
|Bowling style||Slow left-arm orthodox|
|Relations||K. R. Rutherford (father)|
|Test debut (cap 260)||6 March 2013 v England|
|Last Test||3 January 2015 v Sri Lanka|
|ODI debut (cap 179)||20 February 2013 v England|
|Last ODI||31 October 2013 v Bangladesh|
|Domestic team information|
|2009–present||Otago (squad no. 7)|
|Source: CricketArchive, 25 August 2015|
Hamish Duncan Rutherford (born 27 April 1989) is a New Zealand cricketer who plays first class cricket for Otago and represents New Zealand in international cricket. A left-handed batsman, occasional left-arm spin bowler and Twenty20 specialist, Rutherford is the son of former New Zealand Test captain Ken Rutherford and nephew of Ian Rutherford. He scored a century (171) on his Test match debut against England, which is the seventh-highest score on debut. It is also second on the list for a left-handed debutant and a test opener on debut, in both cases behind Jacques Rudolph. It has been announced that Rutherford will be playing for Auckland in the 2015-16. He signed a contract extension with Derbyshire in 2015 for the 2016 Season.
Test cricket centuries
|Hamish Rutherford Test Centuries|
|1||171||England||1||University Oval, Dunedin||8 March 2013||Drawn|||
Twenty20 International Cricket
Man of the Match Awards
|1||New Zealand vs England in England||2013||62 (35 balls: 6x4, 4x6)||New Zealand won by 5 runs.|
- "Player Profile: Hamish Rutherford". CricInfo. February 2008. Retrieved 2009-08-13.
- "Rain respite for England after Rutherford 171". Wisden India. 8 March 2013.
- "Highest score on Test debut". ESPNCricinfo. 8 March 2013.
- Hamish Rutherford scores century on debut, New Zealand Vs England 2013
- "Derbyshire CCC: Hamish Rutherford signs up as overseas player for 2016". Derby Telegraph. Retrieved 29 September 2015.
- "New Zealand in England T20I Series, 2013 – New Zealand v England Scorecard". ESPNcricinfo. 25 February 2009. Retrieved 12 March 2015.