|Studio album by Bathory|
|Released||16 April 1990|
|Recorded||June – August 1989|
|Studio||Heavenshore Studio in Stockholm, Sweden|
|Producer||Boss Forsberg and Quorthon|
Hammerheart is the fifth studio album by Swedish extreme metal band Bathory. It continued the previous album Blood Fire Death's transition away from black metal to what became recognized as Viking metal, and is considered a cornerstone work of the genre.
All tracks written by Quorthon.
|1.||"Shores in Flames"||11:07|
|3.||"Baptised in Fire and Ice"||7:57|
|4.||"Father to Son"||6:28|
|5.||"Song to Hall Up High"||2:30|
|6.||"Home of Once Brave"||6:43|
|7.||"One Rode to Asa Bay"||10:23|
The 2003 remastered edition combines tracks 5 and 6.
|Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal||8/10|
AllMusic called the album an "unqualified triumph for the pioneering Swedish act." Varg Vikernes of Burzum declared Hammerheart as one of his favorite albums and possibly Bathory's best one.
- Quorthon – lead and backing vocals, electric and acoustic guitars, keyboards, synthesizers, special effects.
- Kothaar - bass guitar
- Vvornth - drums and percussion.
- Executive Producer: Black Mark Production
- Arranged by Quorthon
- Produced, Recorded and mixed by Quorthon and Tomas "Boss" Forsberg
- All songs published by Black Mark Production
- Julia Schechner – album design
- Sir Frank Dicksee – cover artwork, The Funeral of a Viking (provided by Manchester City Art Gallery)
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "Hammerheart - Bathory : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards : AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- Popoff, Martin (August 1, 2007). The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal: Volume 3: The Nineties. Burlington, Ontario, Canada: Collector's Guide Publishing. p. 42. ISBN 978-1-894959-62-9.
- Vieira, Daniel Rodrigo. "“You can add Rotting Christ to the list” – Burzum’s Varg Vikernes shares his metal faves with Metal as Fuck!". Metalasfuck.net. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Vikernes, Varg. "A Burzum Story: Part I - The Origin And Meaning". Burzum.org. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Svithjod, Olv (March 1994). "Up From the Ashes - Or Into a Prison?". Official Burzum Website. Retrieved 2017-03-01.