Hampstead & Westminster Hockey Club
|Head Coach||Kwan Browne (Men's 1st XI)
Mike Delaney (Women's 1st XI)
|Manager||Thea Hitchcock (Men's 1st XI)
Jo Edmonson (Women's 1st XI)
|Captain||Toby Roche (Men's 1st XI)
Annebeth Wijtenburg (Women's 1st XI)
|Home ground||Paddington Recreation Ground,
Maida Vale, London
(Capacity 47 people and 2 dogs)
|League||England Hockey League
London Hockey League
The Men's 1st XI play in the Men's Hockey League Premier Division, and the Women's 1st XI play in the Investec Women's Hockey League East Conference Division. The rest of the men's sides play in the Higgins Group London Hockey League. The women's side play in the South Clubs' Women's Hockey League and the Middlesex Women's League. The club is considered the largest adult hockey club in the UK, and fields twelve Men's sides and seven Ladies' sides, as well as various other mixed, junior and veterans sides.
Major National Honours
- 2009–10 Men's National Cup Runner Up
- 2011–12 Men's National Cup Runner Up
- 2012–13 Men's National Cup Runner Up
- 2013–14 Women's National Cup Runner Up
Men's 1st XI
Thea Hitchcock is the current Manager and has been in this role since September 2009.
At the 2012 Annual Dinner, Dan Fox was awarded player of the season for the 3rd successive year.
For the season 2012/2013, the player of the season was Toby Roche. Chris Bowen won the MVP award, which is voted by the players after every game.
The 2012/13 season began a new era at HWHC under the management team of Chris Rowolht and Tom Kavanagh. The team was led by the captaincy team of David Cooper and Tobias Cornelius Roche. Big things were expected of the season ahead with several new imports including London Olympian and BMW poster boy Iain Mackay joining the Hampstead ranks as well as Luke Kellaway being hired as first team physio. The season ended in a 6th-place finish but with strong foundations in place to build on. HWHC also reached the HA cup final, beating Fareham, Birmingham, holders Beeston and Cannock en route. Retiring first team veteran Will Naylor finished as top goalscorer.
- As of 1st August 2016.
Women's 1st XI
Experienced hockey player and coach, Mike Delaney now leads the Ladies 1st XI and will be looking to improve the team's 4th-placed finish. Kiwi Mike has a wealth of experience and coaching accolades, stemming from club hockey to international coaching representation with New Zealand. Richard Smith will continue to act as Assistant Coach with the support of Manager Jo Edmonson and Captain Annebeth Wijtenburg.
September 2015, the Ladies 1st XI made their debut in the Investec Conference East Division. Coached by, Mo Rahman, supported by Assistant Coach Richard Smith, Manager Jo Edmonson and Captain Annebeth Wijtenburg the girls finished 4th in their first season.
The 2014/15 season saw the ladies gain promotion from South Clubs' Women's Hockey League Division 1 into the prestigious England Hockey National League under Steve Menzies. A club first and significant milestone for the Ladies.
In 2013/14 the Ladies finished runners up in the England Hockey Investec Women’s Cup, losing to Investec Premier Division side, Surbiton Hockey Club.
- As of 13th October 2016.
International Players Past & Present (Men & Women)
- Richard Alexander - England and Great Britain
- Elie Barnes - Wales
- Edward Bevan - Wales
- Matthew Botha - South Africa
- Chris Bowen - South Africa and Wales
- Helen Cathcart - Ireland
- Andrew Cornick - Wales
- David Cooper - England (Indoor)
- Gavin Davis - Australia
- Dan Fox - England and Great Britain
- Alice Garrad - England
- César Hauet - France
- Andy Hayward - New Zealand
- Richard Hildreth - Canada
- Dilawar Hussain - Pakistan
- David Jameson - Canada
- Graham Joyce - Scotland
- Justin King - South Africa
- Eddie O'Brien - Australia
- Will Naylor - England (Indoor)
- Iain Mackay - England and Great Britain
- Mitesh Patel - New Zealand
- Ben Rogers - Wales
- Marc Sala - Spain
- Stanley Shoveller - England
- Soma Singh - England and Great Britain
- Matt Simkin - Wales
- James Simpson - England U21 & Great Britain U21
- Josh Smith - Wales
- Richard Smith - England and Great Britain
- Peter Swainson - Wales
- Rob Thompson - England and Great Britain
- Tim Thompson - Australia
- Simon Towns - New Zealand
- Stephane Vehrle-Smith - Brazil
- C L Vye 
- Scott Webster - Australia
- Annebeth Wijtenberg - England (Mixed)
- Isabel Wray - Guernsey
- "HWHC official site". Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- "Current Hampstead and Westminster registered players - England Hockey League". England Hockey. Retrieved 2013-04-16.
- "Investec Conference East Division". www.englandhockey.co.uk.
- "Current Hampstead and Westmister registered players - England Hockey League". England Hockey. Retrieved 2015-09-11.
- ""Test For British Hockey." Times [London, England] 17 Oct. 1956". The Times Digital Archive.