Hampstead Heath railway station
Location of Hampstead Heath in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Camden|
|Managed by||London Overground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portal
UK Railways portalCoordinates:
Hampstead Heath railway station is in the London Borough of Camden in North London on the North London Line, between Finchley Road & Frognal and Gospel Oak stations, and is in Travelcard Zone 2. Since 11 November 2007 it and the service there have been run by London Overground.
In the nineteenth century up to 100,000 people per day used the station at weekends and on public holidays as the Heath was a popular holiday destination for Londoners. The station was rebuilt, after Second World War bomb damage, and in the 1990s in conjunction with works to allow Eurostar trains to use the North London Line.
The platform canopies are in a pseudo-antique style which is in stark contrast to the poured concrete style of the rest of the station's structural features. The line runs below street level with access via staircases to each platform. Lifts are presently (2012) under construction and due to open by July Ticket barriers are in operation.
The typical service at the station in trains per hour is:
- 4 westbound to Richmond via Willesden Junction
- 2 westbound to Clapham Junction also via Willesden Junction
- 6 eastbound to Stratford via Camden Road
- "Step free Tube Guide" (PDF). Transport for London. Archived (PDF) from the original on 3 June 2015.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- "Mayor hails successful bid to make more London Overground stations step free". TfL. 8 December 2011. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hampstead Heath railway station.|
|Preceding station||London Overground||Following station|
|North London Line||
|This London railway station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|