From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hampton Lucy is a village and civil parish on the River Avon, 4 miles (6.4 km) northeast of Stratford-upon-Avon in Warwickshire. The population of the civil parish as taken at the 2011 census was 566.
- Charles Maries (1851–1902), the Victorian botanist was born and educated at Hampton Lucy.
- Sir Ian Wilmut OBE, the embryologist, was born in Hampton Lucy on 7 July 1944.
New York Times,July 14,1898,August 25,1898.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- "The Life and Times of Charles Maries". Hampton Lucy village website. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "The Peerage". Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- Border Cities Star - Oct 22, 1923
- "A Parson-Publican". Mataura Ensign. Issue 476 page 4. National Library of New Zealand. 25 August 1898. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hampton Lucy.|
|This Warwickshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|