Hampton Roads Executive Airport
|Hampton Roads Executive Airport|
|Owner||Virginia Aviation Associates, L.L.C|
|Elevation AMSL||23 ft / 7 m|
Source: FAA Airport Master Record
Hampton Roads Executive Airport (ICAO: KPVG, FAA LID: PVG) is a public-use airport located seven miles (11 km) southwest of the central business district of Norfolk and northwest of Chesapeake, both independent cities in the U.S. state of Virginia. It is privately owned by Virginia Aviation Associates, L.L.C.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, Hampton Roads Executive Airport is assigned PVG by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned PVG to Pudong International Airport in Shanghai, China).
Facilities and aircraft
Hampton Roads Executive Airport covers an area of 511 acres (207 ha) which contains, after an extension completed in 2014, two asphalt paved runways: 10/28 measuring 5,350 x 100 ft (1,236 x 21 m) and 2/20 measuring 3,600 x 70 ft (1,074 x 21 m). For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2004, the airport had 86,805 aircraft operations, an average of 237 per day: 97% general aviation, 2% air taxi and <1% military. There are 203 aircraft based at this airport: 73% single engine, 14% multi-engine, 8% helicopters and 4% ultralights.
Aerodyne Corporation an FAA certified repair station
Curtis Eads Flight School
- (http://www.gcr1.com/5010ReportRouter/PVG.pdf), effective 2007-07-05
- Great Circle Mapper: KPVG - Norfolk, Virginia (Hampton Roads Executive Airport)
- Great Circle Mapper: PVG / ZSPD - Shanghai, China (Pudong International Airport)
- "FAA/DOAV Sponsored New Extended Runway". Hampton Roads Executive Airport. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "Hampton Roads Executive Airport Celebrates the Grand Opening of its New 5350' Runway!". Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- Hampton Roads Executive Airport Web Site
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|