Hampton Township School District (Pennsylvania)
|Hampton Township School District|
4591 School DriveAllegheny County, Pennsylvania, 15101
Hampton Township School District is a midsize, urban/suburban public school district operating in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. The district serves only the residents of Hampton Township, Western Pennsylvania, USA. The district encompasses approximately 16 square miles (41 km2). According to 2000 federal census data, Hampton Township School District served a resident population of 17,526 people. Per the US Census Bureau in 2010, the population rose to 18,367 people. The district graduated its first class in 1943.
In 2009, Hampton Township School District residents’ per capita income was $29,071, while the median family income was $67,367. In the Commonwealth, the median family income was $49,501  and the United States median family income was $49,445, in 2010. By 2013, the median household income in the United States rose to $52,100.
The district operates five public schools: Hampton High School, Hampton Middle School and three elementary schools. Hampton High School students may choose to attend A. W. Beattie Career Center for training.
The Hampton Township School District offers a wide variety of clubs, activities and an extensivesports program.
The district funds:
Middle School Sports:
According to PIAA directory July 2013 
- US Census Bureau, 2010 US Census per LEA, 2012
- US Census Bureau, American Fact Finder, 2009
- US Census Bureau (2010). "American Fact Finder, State and County quick facts".
- US Census Bureau (September 2011). "Income, Poverty, and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2010" (PDF).
- Michael Sauter; Alexander E.M. Hess (August 31, 2013). "America's most popular six-figure jobs". USA Today.
- Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletics Association (2013). "PIAA School Directory".