Hampton Village, Saskatoon
|Suburban Development Area||Confederation SDA|
|• Type||Municipal (Ward )|
|• Administrative body||Saskatoon City Council|
|Time zone||UTC (UTC-6)|
|City of Saskatoon Neighbourhoods|
Hampton Village is a residential neighbourhood within the Confederation Suburban Development Area of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Hampton Village is the first suburb designed on Saskatoon's west side to be modelled after the village concept. The residential area is constructed around the village centre consisting of shops, services and amenities for residential living, with walking trails radiating outward from the central core. This suburb has some detached homes and condominiums sold, and in 2008, there are still several areas still under construction. According to MLS data, the average sale price of a home as of 2013 was $368,790.
The land on which Hampton Village sits was annexed over a period of many years. The western half (west of Junor Avenue) was annexed in July 1979, while the eastern half wasn't annexed until May 2000. Some remnant lots along the southern portion of the community rest on lands annexed by the city between 1911 and 1977.
Government and politics
In Saskatoon's non-partisan municipal politics, Hampton Village lies within ward 4. It is currently represented by Myles Heidt. Due to population rise since the 2006 census, the city wards are being remapped.
She's asking the province to allow Saskatoon to use other population estimates in drawing ward boundaries to capture residential development thats happened since 2006, particularly in Stonebridge, the Willows, and Hampton Village.— Janice Mann City clerk, and municipal wards commission.
Annual Hampton Village Community Garage Sale
Hampton Village hosts an annual Community Wide Garage Sale and Fundraising BBQ the weekend before the Long Weekend in May.
- Bill Barry, Geographic Names of Saskatchewan (Regina: People Places Publishing, 2005)
- "City of Saskatoon · Departments · Community Services · Lots for ...". Archived from the original on 2008-05-17. Retrieved 2008-05-13.
- "Hampton Village". Saskatoon Realty. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- "Voter Information Service -". Elections Canada. Retrieved 2008-08-261. Check date values in:
- "Provincial Constituency Boundaries: City of Saskatoon". Elections Saskatchewan. Retrieved 2008-08-261. Check date values in:
- "CTI". Retrieved 2008-08-261. Check date values in:
- "City of Saskatoon · City Council · Ward Councillors · Ward 4 - Councillor Myles Heidt". Retrieved 2008-08-261. Check date values in:
- Nickel, Rod (August 26, 2008). "City wards being remapped East-side neighbourhoods show population growth - Man asking province to allow city to use other estimates". The StarPhoenix. pp. Front Page.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hampton Village.|
- City of Saskatoon City of Saskatoon · Departments · Community Services · City Planning · ZAM Maps
- Populace Spring 2006
- City of Saskatoon - Local Area Plans
- Developer Web Site
||Corman park #344||Corman park #344||Saskatoon John G. Diefenbaker International Airport|
|Corman park #344||Airport Business Area|