|Education||Dongguk University - Theater and Film|
|Agent||BH Entertainment (South Korea) |
|Height||172 cm (5 ft 8 in)|
|Revised Romanization||Han Hyo-ju|
Han Hyo-joo (born February 22, 1987) is a South Korean film and television actress. She is best known for her leading roles in television drama series: Spring Waltz (2006); Brilliant Legacy (2009); Dong Yi (2010) and W (2016); as well as the film Cold Eyes (2013), for which she won Best Actress at the 34th Blue Dragon Film Awards, and romance film The Beauty Inside (2015).
Han Hyo-joo was born in Cheongju, North Chungcheong Province. Her mother was an elementary school teacher before becoming an inspector for public schools, and her father was an air force officer. As a child, she was good in sports, particularly track and field. In her sophomore year of high school, she moved to Seoul and attended Bulgok High School, despite the objections of her strict and conservative father. She then entered Dongguk University, where she joined the theater and film department.
Han was first discovered in a teenage beauty pageant organized by food corporation Binggrae in 2003. She began her acting career in the sitcom Nonstop 5 and the gangster comedy film My Boss, My Teacher. Han later raised her profile by starring in Spring Waltz, the fourth and final installment of TV director Yoon Seok-ho's "season drama" series.
In 2006, director Lee Yoon-ki cast Han in the starring role in his low-budget independent film Ad-lib Night, which follows a young woman who rediscovers herself through an eerie overnight encounter with strangers. She won the Best New Actress awards at the Korean Association of Film Critics Awards and Singapore International Film Festival for her performance.
2007–2010: Breakthrough roles and overseas popularity
Han then starred in two highly successful TV projects and rose to fame - KBS daily drama Heaven & Earth with Park Hae-jin in 2007, and SBS masked-adventurer series Iljimae with Lee Joon-gi in 2008. Both dramas drew solid viewership ratings nationwide throughout its run with high viewer ratings and launched Han into a household name. Afterwards, she was cast in another indie film, Ride Away, which debuted at the 2008 Jeonju International Film Festival.
Han then filmed the Korean-Japanese telecinema co-production Heaven's Postman, which also featured pop star Jaejoong from TVXQ (now JYJ). After several postponements, it was released in theaters in late 2009, and broadcast on TV in 2010.
Han's breakthrough came in Brilliant Legacy costarring Lee Seung-gi, which became a massive hit in 2009, reaching a peak viewership rating of 47.1%. It catapulted Han to stardom, and after the drama's conclusion, she experienced a sharp rise in endorsement deals and media requests for interviews, as well as increased pan-Asian popularity. Later that year Han wrapped up her starring role in the musical drama Soul Special, which aired on KBS Joy.
In 2010, Han took on the titular character in MBC's 49th anniversary project Dong Yi, The series became a hit during its run both domestically and across Asia. Han won several acting awards for her portrayal of Choi Suk-bin, including the Daesang (Grand Prize) award at MBC Drama Awards and the coveted Best Actress award at Baeksang Arts Awards.
2011–2015: Film roles
In 2011, Han played a blind telemarketer opposite So Ji-sub's ex-boxer in the melodrama film Always. Helmed by director Song Il-gon, it premiered as the opening film of the 2011 Busan International Film Festival. Han later contributed voice narration to the "barrier-free" version of Japanese film My Back Page, which features descriptive audio and subtitles for people with hearing or visual impairments.
Han then played the queen to Lee Byung-hun's Gwanghae in the 2012 blockbuster period film Masquerade, which became one of the highest-grossing Korean films of all time. She followed that with Love 911, an unlikely romance between a doctor and a firefighter (Go Soo).
In 2013, Han starred opposite Sol Kyung-gu and Jung Woo-sung in action thriller Cold Eyes, a remake of the 2007 Hong Kong film Eye in the Sky. The film dominated the box office after its release and became one of the biggest domestic hits of 2013. Han received acting recognition for her performance, winning Best Actress from the Blue Dragon Film Awards and Buil Film Awards.
In 2014, Han and Love 911 costar Go Soo reunited in Myohyangsangwan ("View of Mount Myohyang"), which depicts the rendezvous of a South Korean painter and a North Korean waitress in a North Korean restaurant. The short film is a collaboration by contemporary artists Moon Kyung-won and Jeon Joon-ho, and combined a theatrical plot, experimental imagery, dance and performance art.
She then ventured into the overseas market by starring in her first Japanese film, Isshin Inudo's Miracle: Debikuro-kun no Koi to Maho ("Miracle Devil Claus' Love and Magic"). Set during the Christmas season, the film is a love story about a kind bookstore employee (played by Masaki Aiba from J-pop boyband Arashi) who meets three women.
In 2015, Han starred in the musical biopic C'est Si Bon, which depicted the ups and downs of the folk music group Twin Folio, which was active from the 1960s to 80s. Famous for its live performances, C'est Si Bon was the name of a popular music lounge located in Mugyo-dong in the 1970s, where Twin Folio got its start; Han played the group's muse. This was followed by romantic comedy film The Beauty Inside, where Han's character falls in love with a man who changes to different people every day.
Later that year, Han got together with Yoo Yeon-seok and Chun Woo-hee, both of her co-stars in The Beauty Inside, again for Love, Lies, a movie which depicts the last story of gisaeng during the Japanese occupation in the 1940s.
2016–present: Television comeback and American advancement
In 2016, Han returned to the small screen with MBC's fantasy suspense series W alongside Lee Jong-suk. Helmed by director Jung Dae-yoon who directed She Was Pretty and writer Song Jae-jung whose previous works include Nine: Nine Time Travels and Queen In-hyun's Man, expectations were high as this marked Han's return to the small screen after 6 years. She won the Top Excellence award at the 5th APAN Star Awards and MBC Drama Awards for her performance in W.
In 2018, Han starred in the thriller Golden Slumber alongside Kang Dong-won. The same year, she reunited with Kang as the female lead in sci-fi action thriller Illang: The Wolf Brigade, based on the Japanese animated flick of the same name.
In 2020, Han was cast in a Japanese action film Taiyō wa Ugokanai ("The Sun Stands Still"), directed by Eiichiro Hasumi. Based on the novel of the same name, Han plays an elusive spy who travels across the world to handle requests.
Reuniting with Kang Ha-Neul, Han confirmed her casting in The Pirates 2, a sequel to the 2014 blockbuster The Pirates, marking her return to Korean cinema after 2 years since Illang: The Wolf Brigade.
In 2021, Han played a tactical police agent in the apocalyptic thriller drama Happiness, starring opposite Park Hyung-sik. Directed by Ahn Gil-Ho, the drama depicted class discrimination, human desires and the struggles of survival due to an outbreak that happened in the city.
Han is trilingual, able to speak Korean, English and Japanese.
Legal action allegations
In November 2013, the Seoul Central District Prosecutors Office indicted Han's ex-manager from her former agency Fantom Entertainment for attempted extortion. According to the police, the ex-manager surnamed Lee illegally transferred 16 photos of Han and her ex-boyfriend from her digital camera to his mobile phone. Lee then threatened to publish the compromising photos unless he and his two accomplices were paid ₩400 million; Han's father paid them ₩10 million. In a press release, Han's agency BH Entertainment said the actress did not engage in any activities that deserve public criticism and threatened "strong measures" to deal with blackmail.
In September 2014, the South Korean media reported that a petition was being circulated to boycott Han's appearance in TV commercials. The petition stemmed from Han's younger brother allegedly bullying a fellow airman while both were in mandatory military service that resulted in the latter's suicide. The negative publicity was exacerbated by Han herself having once been appointed as a goodwill ambassador for the Republic of Korea Air Force.
|Year||English title||Original title||Role||Notes||Ref.|
|2006||My Boss, My Teacher||투사부일체||Yoo Mi-jung|||
|Ad-lib Night||아주 특별한 손님||Bo-kyung||Independent film|||
|2008||Ride Away||달려라 자전거||Im Ha-jung|||
|My Dear Enemy||멋진 하루||Woman at the bus stop / Voice on the phone||Cameo|
|2009||Heaven's Postman||천국의 우편배달부||Jo Hana / Saki||Tele Cinema (also aired on SBS)|||
|2011||Always||오직 그대만||Ha Jeong-hwa|||
|2012||Masquerade||광해, 왕이 된 남자||Queen Consort|||
|Love 911||반창꼬||Go Mi-soo|||
|2013||Cold Eyes||감시자들||Ha Yoon-ju|||
|2014||Miracle: Devil Claus' Love and Magic||MIRACLE デビクロくんの恋と魔法||Tae So-yeon||Japanese film|||
|View of Mount Myohyang||묘향상관||Oh Yeong-ran||Short film|||
|2015||C'est Si Bon||쎄시봉||Min Ja-young|||
|The Beauty Inside||뷰티 인사이드||Hong Yi-soo|||
|2016||Love, Lies||해어화||Jung So-yul|||
|2018||Golden Slumber||골든 슬럼버||Jeon Sun-young|||
|Illang: The Wolf Brigade||인랑||Lee Yoon-hee|||
|2021||The Sun Does Not Move||太陽は動かない||Ayako||Japanese Film|||
|TBA||The Pirates 2||해적: 도깨비 깃발||Hae-rang|||
|Year||English title||Original title||Role||Network||Notes||Ref.|
|2005||Nonstop 5||논스톱 5||Han Hyo-joo||MBC||Episode 167, 183-257|||
|2006||Spring Waltz||봄의 왈츠||Seo/Park Eun-young||KBS2|||
|2007||Heaven & Earth||하늘만큼 땅만큼||Suk Ji-soo||KBS1|||
|2009||Brilliant Legacy||찬란한 유산||Go Eun-sung|||
|Soul Special||쏘울 스페셜||Jin Mi-ah||KBS Joy||Short drama|||
|2010||Dong Yi||동이||Choi Dong-yi (later Choi Suk-bin)||MBC|||
|2021||Drama World 2||드라마월드 시즌2||Park So-Yun||Lifetime||Cameo|||
|Moving||무빙||JTBC & Disney+|||
Variety show and other TV appearances
|Year||English title||Original title||Network||Role|
|2005–2006||Inkigayo||인기가요||SBS||Host with Andy|
|2010||You Hee-yeol’s Sketchbook||유희열의 스케치북||KBS2||Guest; Episode 71|
|2012||Running Man||런닝맨||SBS||Guest with Go Soo; Episode 123-124|
|2013||Running Man||런닝맨||SBS||Guest with Jung Woo-sung and Lee Jun-ho; Episode 151-152|
|2016||1 Night 2 Days (aka 2 Days & 1 Night)||1박 2일||KBS2||Guest; Episode 439-441 (Season 3 episode 118–120)|
|2020||Hometown Flex||서울촌놈||tvN||Guest with Lee Beom-soo; Episode 5–6, 11|
Music video appearances
|2004||"I Love You" (사랑해요)||Simply Sunday||I Love You|
|2005||"Just because you are in this world" (그대가 이 세상에 있는 것만으로도)||Position||Renaissance|
|"Paris"||Epik High||Swan Songs|
|"Farewell is" (이별은)||U||Farewell is...|
|2006||"One Love"||Loveholic||Spring Waltz OST|||
|2009||"All men are like that" (남잔 다 그래)||Lee Woo-sang||One Fine Day|
|"Let's break up" (헤어져)||As One||Love Tonic|
|"wo are better" (둘이 더 좋아)||Rumble Fish||Soul Special OST|
|"Sudden Burst of Tears" (왈칵 눈물이)||Han Hyo-joo feat. Gan-D of buga kingz|||
|"Unable To Love" (사랑한단 말을 못해서)(ver.1)||K.Will|
|2010||"Don't You Know"||Han Hyo-joo, No Reply||Han Hyo-joo with GMF 2010|||
|"Popcorn" (팝콘) (GMF 2010 Lozik RMX)||Daybreak|
|2012||"Hide and Seek" (숨바꼭질)||Han Hyo-joo, Broccoli, You Too?||Hide and Seek|||
|2005||"It's the First Time" (처음이었어요)||Han Hyo-joo||Nonstop 5 OST|
|2008||"Ride Away" (달려라 자전거)||Han Hyo-joo||Ride Away OST|||
|2009||"Sudden Burst of Tears" (왈칵 눈물이)||Han Hyo-joo feat. Gan-D of buga kingz||Soul Special OST|||
|2010||"You" (그대) (CF Ver.)||Brown Eyed Soul feat. Han Hyo-joo||You|||
|"Don't You Know"||Han Hyo-joo, No Reply||Han Hyo-joo with GMF 2010|||
|2011||"8 A.M." (아침 8시)||My-Q feat. Han Hyo-joo||8 A.M|||
|"Oh Seoul" (오 서울)||My-Q feat. Han Hyo-joo|
|"Time for Love" (연애시대)||Lee Seung-gi feat. Ra.D
(narr. Han Hyo-joo)
|Time for Love|||
|2012||"Hide and Seek" (숨바꼭질)||Han Hyo-joo, Broccoli, You Too?||Hide and Seek|||
|2015||"Let us forget" (이젠 잊기로 해요)||Han Hyo-joo||C'est Si Bon OST|
|"I'll Give It All To You" (나 그대에게 모두 드리리)||Jung Woo, Han Hyo-joo|
|2016||"Love, Lies" (사랑 거즛말이)||Han Hyo-joo||Love, Lies OST|||
|"Spring lady" (봄 아가씨)||Han Hyo-joo, Chun Woo-hee|
Awards and nominations
|2003||9th Miss Binggrae Smile Pageant||Grand Prize||N/A||Won|
|2006||KBS Drama Awards||Best New Actress||Spring Waltz||Nominated|
|26th Korean Association of Film Critics Awards||Ad-lib Night||Won|||
|2007||20th Singapore International Film Festival||Best Actress||Won|||
|24th Korea Best Dressed Swan Awards||Best Dressed||N/A||Won|||
|KBS Drama Awards||Best New Actress||Heaven & Earth||Nominated|
|Best Couple Award with Park Hae-jin||Won|||
|2008||1st Korea Jewelry Awards||Pearl Award||N/A||Won|
|SBS Drama Awards||New Star Award||Iljimae||Won|||
|2009||4th Andre Kim Best Star Awards||Female Star Award||N/A||Won|||
|3rd Mnet 20's Choice Awards||Hot Female Drama Star||Brilliant Legacy||Won|||
|SBS Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress in a Special Planning Drama||Won|||
|Best Couple Award with Lee Seung-gi||Won|
|Top 10 Stars||Won|
|2010||46th Baeksang Arts Awards||Best Actress (TV)||Nominated|
|5th Seoul International Drama Awards||Outstanding Korean Actress||Won|||
|3rd Korea Drama Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actress||Dong Yi||Won|||
|MBC Drama Awards||Grand Prize (Daesang)||Won|||
|Top Excellence Award, Actress||Nominated|
|2011||1st Hong Kong Cable TV Awards||Best Actress||Won|||
|47th Baeksang Arts Awards||Best Actress (TV)||Won|||
|Most Popular Actress (TV)||Nominated|
|45th Taxpayers' Day||Presidential Commendation as Honest Taxpayer||N/A||Won|||
|2012||CETV Asia's Top 10 Popular Star Awards||Hallyu Star Prize||N/A||Won|||
|2013||49th Baeksang Arts Awards||Best Actress (Film)||Love 911||Nominated|
|13th Korea World Youth Film Festival||Favorite Actress||Cold Eyes||Won|||
|22nd Buil Film Awards||Best Actress||Won|||
|33rd Korean Association of Film Critics Awards||Nominated|
|34th Blue Dragon Film Awards||Best Leading Actress||Won|||
|2014||8th Asian Film Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|2015||4th Korean Film Actor's Association Awards||Top Star Award||The Beauty Inside||Won|||
|36th Blue Dragon Film Awards||Best Leading Actress||Nominated|
|52nd Grand Bell Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|2016||11th Max Movie Awards||Nominated|
|25th Buil Film Awards||Nominated|
|52nd Baeksang Arts Awards||Best Actress (Film)||Nominated|
|4th BIFF with Marie Claire Asia Star Awards||Asia Star Award||Love, Lies, The Beauty Inside||Won|||
|5th APAN Star Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||W||Won|||
|Best Couple Award with Lee Jong-suk||Nominated|
|MBC Drama Awards||Grand Prize (Daesang)||Nominated|||
|Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||Won|
|Best Couple Award with Lee Jong-suk||Won|
|2018||27th Buil Film Awards||Popular Star Award||Illang: The Wolf Brigade||Nominated|
|Forbes||2011||Korea Power Celebrity||36th|||
- 한효주. Nate (in Korean). Archived from the original on November 12, 2012. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- 한효주 합격수기…“빛나는 미모에 꼼꼼한 노하우” 감동. Herald Pop (in Korean). January 8, 2013.
- '논스톱5' 한효주, 미술+음악+운동 등 만능소녀. The Chosun Ilbo (in Korean). September 20, 2005.
- 한효주,18세 때 비리교사에 맞고 머리채 잡히는 폭행당하고 죽는 여고생 연기 화제. Aju News (in Korean). April 11, 2016.
- "Han reserves seat as next Jiwoohime". Hancinema. The Korea Herald. January 30, 2006.
- 이윤기 감독의 세 번째 장편영화 <아주 특별한 손님>. Cine21 (in Korean). December 5, 2016.
- "I want to try out for more extreme roles". The Dong-a Ilbo. April 5, 2007.
- "Drama 'Iljimae' has tough act to follow". The Korea Herald. April 4, 2010.
- 풋풋한 사랑의 감정과 성장의 진통 <달려라 자전거>. Cine21 (in Korean). August 6, 2008.
- "TVXQ Hero hopes Postman will be assurance to fans". 10Asia. November 10, 2009.
- "Light-hearted romance joins weekend lineup". The Korea Herald. April 24, 2009.
- "Brilliant drama leaving its own legacy". Korea JoongAng Daily. July 16, 2009.
- "Han Hyo-joo: 'Good People Deserve to be Happy'". KBS Global. June 5, 2009.
- "Lee, Han Picked as Rising Ad Models". The Korea Times. September 24, 2009.
- "Korean Wave: The New Generation". 10Asia. April 23, 2010.
- 한효주, 60분 '찬란한 뮤비' 눈길. The Chosun Ilbo (in Korean). September 16, 2009.
- "Will Dong-yi Become Next Jewel in the Palace?". The Korea Times. March 21, 2010.
- "Han Hyo-joo Changes Tack in Costume Drama". The Chosun Ilbo. April 13, 2010.
- ""Dong Yi" dominates Mon and Tues night primetime lineup". 10Asia. June 16, 2010.
- ""Dong Yi" wins award as most popular drama in Hong Kong". 10Asia. October 1, 2010.
- "Kim Nam-joo, Han Hyo-joo win grand prize at MBC Acting Awards". 10Asia. January 3, 2011.
- "Hyun Bin, Lee Byung-hun win top prizes at Paeksang". 10Asia. May 27, 2011.
- So Ji-sub, Han Hyo-joo start filming new pic. 10Asia. April 4, 2011.
- Song Il-gon hopes Always will be a reminder of true value of love. 10Asia. October 6, 2011.
- Han Hyo Joo: 'My Best Decision Ever Is Becoming Actress' Archived 2013-12-05 at the Wayback Machine. KBS Global. October 10, 2011.
- Han Hyo-joo Seeking More Challenging Roles in Movies. The Chosun Ilbo. October 15, 2011.
- Han Hyo-joo to join Lee Byung-hun in historical film. 10Asia. January 4, 2012.
- Lee, Jin-ho (October 3, 2012). "Interview: Han Hyo Joo Says Lee Byung Hun was the Best Actor She's Met". enewsWorld. Archived from the original on December 5, 2013.
- "Finecut dials up Love 911". Korean Film Council. March 14, 2012.
- "Ko Soo, Han Hyo-joo Ask to Dial Love 911". 10Asia. November 22, 2012.
- "Police Are Hot in Pursuit of a Kingpin in COLD EYES". Korean Film Council. February 8, 2013.
- "Cold Eyes is a story of firsts for the cast". Korea JoongAng Daily. June 6, 2013.
- "Cold Eyes Hits 5-Million Mark in Cinema Attendance". The Chosun Ilbo. July 29, 2013.
- Jackson, Julie (November 24, 2013). "Wish snags three wins at Blue Dragon Film Awards". The Korea Herald.
- Im, Soon-hye (October 7, 2013). 부일영화상 작품상 '설국열차', 여우주연상 한효주 수상 [Snowpiercer wins Best Film, Han Hyo-joo wins Best Actress at Buil Film Awards]. OhmyNews (in Korean).
- "Mergers with pop culture good for art business". Korea JoongAng Daily. January 16, 2014.
- "Myohyangsangwan". News From Nowhere. Retrieved August 22, 2014.
- "HAN Hyo-joo to Take Lead Role in Japanese Film". Korean Film Council. December 27, 2013.
- "Will Han Hyo-joo win Japanese fans?". The Korea Times. December 2, 2015.
- "KIM Yun-seok, HAN Hyo-joo Board Music Biopic". Korean Film Council. March 11, 2014.
- "Actress Han stars opposite 21 men". Korea JoongAng Daily. August 14, 2015.
- "Herald Interview: Han Hyo-joo: Beauty Inside is chance of a lifetime". The Korea Herald. August 23, 2015.
- "'Love, Lies' portrays gisaeng's life in 1940s". The Korea Times. April 5, 2016.
- "Actress Han Hyo-joo says baddie totally new experience". Yonhap. April 4, 2016.
- "Lee Jong-suk and Han Hyo-joo in new drama 'W'". Kpop Herald. Retrieved April 7, 2016.
- "Han Hyo-joo to return to TV after 6 years". The Korea Times. 2016-03-29. Retrieved April 7, 2016.
- "Cartoon hero meets doctor in new sci-fi drama". Yonhap News Agency. July 18, 2016.
- "GANG Dong-won & HAN Hyo-joo Headline Thriller GOLDEN SLUMBER". Korean Film Biz Zone. December 27, 2016.
- "KIM Jee-woon's Sci-fi Action INRANG Starts Shooting in August". Korean Film Biz Zone. July 28, 2017.
- "Han Hyo-joo is happy to break out of her shell : 'Illang' star studied the original animated film in between takes". Korea JoongAng Daily. August 3, 2018.
- "Han Hyo-joo Gets to Show Another Side of Herself in Latest Film". The Chosun Ilbo. August 4, 2018.
- "'Bourne' Drama Series 'Treadstone' Rounds Out Cast: Omar Metwally, Tracy Ifeachor, More". Deadline. January 14, 2019.
- "Actress Han Hyo-joo to make US debut in TV series". The Korea Times. January 15, 2019.
- "Korean Actors Cast in Japanese Film". INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily. January 11, 2020.
- "'The Pirates' sequel set to film with star-studded cast". The Korea Times. 2020-06-18. Retrieved 2020-06-21.
- Kim, Jin-seok (April 15, 2021). "[단독]한효주·박형식·조우진, tvN '해피니스' 주인공(종합)". Ilgan Sports (in Korean). Retrieved April 17, 2021.
- "Ex-Manager Charged with Blackmailing Han Hyo-joo". The Chosun Ilbo. November 26, 2013.
- "Han Hyo-joo subject of blackmail plot". Korea JoongAng Daily. November 26, 2013.
- 한효주 광고 중지해주세요, 요청 쇄도..이병헌 사건에 남동생 문제까지 불똥 [Stop using Han Hyo-joo in commercials. Requests Flooded]. Seoul En (in Korean). September 20, 2014.
- '홍보대사'의 두 얼굴, '모범 납세자 송혜교·법무부 박봄·병무청 상추...' [Honorary Ambassadors with Two Faces]. Ilgan Sports (in Korean). August 19, 2014.
- Jo Joong-hyun (April 16, 2021). "한효주, 근황? '드라마월드' 특급출연 특급의리". digitalchosun (in Korean). Retrieved April 17, 2021.
- Moon Ji-yeon (June 4, 2021). "[단독] '믿보배' 류승룡 '무빙' 합류…500억 대작 이끈다". Naver (in Korean). Sports Chosun. Retrieved June 4, 2021.
- [최초] 주인공 한효주가 직접 부른 <달려라 자전거> 뮤직비디오. Max Movie (in Korean). July 29, 2008.
- "한효주-김동욱 '쏘울 스페셜' OST 참여". BNT News (in Korean). October 21, 2009.
- "한효주, GMF2010서 라이브 가창력 전격 공개". Star News (in Korean). September 15, 2010.
- "Korean Starlets Fall in Love with Indie Musicians". 10Asia. November 21, 2012.
- 브라운아이즈소울, 한효주와 입맞춘 '그대' 공개. Hankyung (in Korean). September 8, 2010.
- 한효주-마이큐, '아침8시'와 같은 부드러운 감성 나눠. Hankyung (in Korean). July 11, 2011.
- 이승기 “한효주가 ‘연애시대’ 나레이션 난감해했다“ 깜짝고백. Financial News (in Korean). October 27, 2011.
- "한효주· 천우희· 차지연이 직접 부른 '해어화' OST 정오 출시". JoongAng Ilbo (in Korean). April 18, 2016.
- 영화평론상 최우수작품상 '가족의 탄생'. The Donga Ilbo (in Korean). December 17, 2006.
- "Actress Han Hyo-ju Honored at Singapore Film Festival". KBS Global. HanCinema. May 2, 2007.
- 모델라인 베스트드레서 박진영씨 등 선정. Asia Today (in Korean). December 9, 2007.
- "2007 Year-end Korean drama awards round-up". Hancinema. Star Money. January 7, 2007.
- "[SBS연기대상]지현우 임정은 이상우 차예련 이준혁 한효주 하석진 윤소이 채영인 배수빈 문채원 뉴스타상 수상". 10Asia (in Korean). January 1, 2009.
- 앙드레 김 28년간 공들여 지은 '디자인 아틀리에' 경기 용인에 오픈. Hankook Ilbo (in Korean). November 29, 2009.
- "Mnet 20's Choice". 10Asia. September 2, 2009.
- "Jang Seo-hee wins grand prize at SBS Drama Awards". 10Asia. January 4, 2011.
- ""Slave Hunters" top 'Hallyu' content at Seoul Drama Awards". 10Asia. September 13, 2010.
- 장혁-한효주, 코리아드라마어워즈 남녀주연상 수상. 10Asia (in Korean). September 16, 2010.
- 한효주-배수빈, 홍콩 '베스트 드라마 시상식' 인기상 수상. Chosun News (in Korean). January 10, 2011.
- "Han Hyo-joo Given Honest Taxpayer Award". The Chosun Ilbo. March 3, 2011.
- "Yoon Si Yoon receives Popular Star Prize in China". Star News. December 9, 2012.
- 하정우·장혁·한효주, 청소년 선정 '인기영화인'. Star News (in Korean). October 7, 2013.
- "LEE Byung-hun, YOO Ah-in and HAN Hyo-joo Take Top Star Awards". Korean Film Council. Retrieved 2016-11-16.
- 이병헌, 亞스타어워즈 올해의 배우상..한효주 스타상(종합). Star News (in Korean). October 7, 2016.
- "[2016 APAN] 송중기, 생애 첫 대상 해냈다…조진웅 최우수상 (종합)". My Daily (in Korean). 2 October 2016.
- Park Pan-seok (December 30, 2016). "[2016 MBC 연기대상] 이종석, 시청자 뽑은 대상..올해의 드라마 'W'[종합]". OSEN (in Korean). The Chosun Ilbo.
- "Celebrity list 40". JoongAng Ilbo (in Korean). February 24, 2011. Retrieved May 23, 2021 – via Joins.
- Jeong, Su-jeong; Seo, Gyeong-Jun; Song, Ji-won (March 1, 2012). "[KOREA POWER CELEBRITY 40] Celebrity List 40". JoongAng Ilbo (in Korean). Retrieved May 23, 2021 – via Joins.
- "Forbes Korea's Top 'Power Celebrity 40' List 2013". Manila Bulletin. February 28, 2013. Archived from the original on May 23, 2021. Retrieved May 23, 2021 – via Yahoo! News.
- Cho, Deuk-jin; Yang, Mi-sun (February 23, 2017). 박보검·송중기 한국 최고 파워 셀러브리티 [Park Bo-gum·Song Joong-ki Korea's best power celebrity]. JoongAng Ilbo (in Korean). Archived from the original on February 27, 2017. Retrieved May 22, 2021 – via Joins.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Han Hyo-joo.|