Han Moo Kwan
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Han Moo Kwan|
|Revised Romanization||Han Mu Gwan|
|McCune–Reischauer||Han Mu Kwan|
Lee was a student at the Chosun Yun Moo Kwan Kwon Bop Bu (sometimes spelled "Yun Mu Kwan" in English transliteration), learning from its founder, Sang Sup Chun. Later, after the Korean War Armistice Agreement was signed in 1953, Lee started teaching the returning Yun Moo Kwan Kwon Bop Bu members at the Hankuk Chaeyuk Kwan Dojang. He had conflicts with Chong Woo Lee and left to start his own annex Kwan by setting up a tent at a High School. Later, Chong Woo Lee changed the Yun Moo Kwan Kwon Bop Bu's name to Jidokwan. Kyo Yoon Lee states that Han Moo Kwan is from Choson Yun Moo Kwan Kwon Bop Bu, not Jidokwan.
Taekwondo Han Moo Kwan still exists today, but only as a fraternal social friendship club. The official training curriculum endorsed by Taekwondo Han Moo Kwan is the Kukkiwon curriculum. The current President of Taekwondo Han Moo Kwan remains its founder, Kyo Yoon Lee. Han Moo Kwan supports the World Taekwondo Federation and Kukkiwon.
The word Han means Korea, the word Moo means Military or Martial, and the word Kwan means School or Hall; together Han Moo Kwan means "Korean Military School".
- Han Moo Kwan Grandmasters in the Taekwondo Hall of Fame
- a link to information and contacting founder Kyo Yoon Lee www.taekwondohanmookwan.com
- Asociación Han Moo Kwan de México A.C.
- National Hanmookwan Taekwondo Society
- Lee, Kyo Yoon (1996), A Guide to Taekwondo, Han Young Choi; Seoul, Korea. 89-85936-05-0.
-  Lee, Kyo Yoon (2003), "Global Taekwondo", Hanmi Publishing, Seoul, Korea. ISBN 89-952721-4-7
- A Modern History of Taekwondo 1999 (Korean) Kyong Myung Lee and Kang Won Sik ISBN 89-358-0124-0
- Kukkiwon 25th Anniversary Text 1997 (Korean) Un Yong Kim
- Kukkiwon Textbook 2006 (English/Korean) Um Woon Kyu
- Taekwondo News 2008 Article "Walking With A Mountain" Al Cole; Seoul, Korea
- United States Taekwondo Hanmookwan Association
|This article related to the martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|