Han Nijssen (1935– 2013) was a Dutch ichthyologist.
Nijssen was born in Amsterdam and obtained his PhD at the University of Amsterdam in May 1970 with the dissertation Revision of the Surinam catfishes of the genus Corydoras. Later he was a curator at Zoölogisch Museum in Amsterdam. Nijssen worked extensively with fish from South America, and was the author of several species, e.g. Corydoras weitzmani and Corydoras xinguensis. Collaborating with Isaäc Isbrücker he described e.g. the group Hypancistrus and the species Hypancistrus zebra and Corydoras panda, among others. He also collaborated with Sven O. Kullander.
The species Corydoras nijsseni and Apistogramma nijsseni are named after him.
- Han Nijssen & S.J. de Groot, De vissen van Nederland. (1987)
- Sven O. Kullander & Han Nijssen, The Cichlids of Surinam: Teleostei: Labroidei (1989)
- Han Nijssen, Veldgids Zeevissen ("Field guide for saltwater fish"), KNNV 2009, ISBN 9789050111393
- ^ a b H. Nijssen, 1935 - at the UvA Album academicum
- ^ Obituary in the Nederlandse commissie record zeevissen (Ncrz) annual report for 2013
- ^ DEPARTMENT of ICHTHYOLOGY California Academy of Sciences, Newsletter of Systematic Ichthyology Number Twenty-Two
- ^ Apistogramma nijsseni Kullander - Naturhistoriska riksmuseet