|Communist Party Secretary of Daqing|
February 2008 – December 2014
|Deputy||Xia Lihua (夏立华)|
Shen Hongyu (沈宏宇)
|Preceded by||Gai Ruyin|
|Succeeded by||Zhao Ming (赵铭)|
|Mayor of Daqing|
October 2004 – February 2008
|Preceded by||Gai Ruyin|
|Succeeded by||Xia Lihua|
|Born||November 1961 (age 58)|
Lanxi County, Heilongjiang
|Political party||Communist Party of China (1985–2015, expelled)|
|Alma mater||Dongbei University of Finance and Economics|
Harbin Normal University
Han Xuejian (born November 1961) is a Chinese politician who spent most of his career in Northeast China's Heilongjiang province. He was investigated by the Communist Party of China's anti-graft agency in December 2014. Previously he served as the Communist Party Secretary of Daqing, and a Standing Committee of CPC Heilongjiang Provincial Committee.
Han was born and raised in Lanxi County, Heilongjiang. After the Cultural Revolution, he entered Mudanjiang Commercial College (now Heilongjiang College of Commerce), in October 1978, majoring in commercial economy, where he graduated in August 1980. After college, he was assigned to the Department of Commerce of Heilongjiang province in its accounting department. At the same time, he studied at Liaoning College of Finance and Economics (currently Dongbei University of Finance and Economics).
He entered the workforce in August 1980, and joined the Communist Party of China in December 1985. He began rising through the ranks in the provincial commerce department. In November 1987 he was named head of the Reform Office of the department of commerce. In March 1997, he served in a brief stint as the Deputy Communist Party Secretary and Secretary of Politics and Law Committee of Huanan County, a position he held until November 1997.
In November 1997, he was transferred to Harbin, capital of Heilongjiang province, and served as deputy director of the Trade Department of Heilongjiang province.
He served as Vice-Mayor of Qiqihar from October 2002 to February 2004, and Deputy Communist Party Secretary, from February 2004 to October 2004.
In October 2004 he became the Mayor and Deputy Communist Party Secretary of Daqing, a city famous for its oil rigs, and then rising to Communist Party Secretary, the top political position in the city, in February 2008.
On December 22, 2014, state media reported that he would undergo investigation by the Party's internal disciplinary body for "serious violations of laws and regulations". On December 25, 2014, he was removed from office. The internal investigation concluded that Han took bribes and abused his power, and "did not retreat from his actions even after the 18th Party Congress." He was expelled from the Communist Party on April 30, 2015.
On November 16, 2016, Han was sentenced to 12 years and 6 months in prison for bribery.
- "赵铭任大庆市委书记". 163.COM (in Chinese). 2014-12-23.
- Wang Zhuoqiong (2014-12-27). "China's anti-monopoly chief faces investigation". asiaone.com.
- "Senior CPC official in NE China under probe". Shanghaidaily. 2014-12-22.
- "代表信息：韩学键". npc.gov.cn (in Chinese).
- "韩学键被查，或与"石油帮"有关". Xinhua News (in Chinese). 2014-12-24.
- "大庆新一届市委常委简历（书记韩学键 副书记夏立华、沈宏宇）". CE.COM (in Chinese). 2012-01-08.
- ccdi.gov.cn (2014-12-22). "黑龙江省委常委韩学键涉违纪违法被调查". Sina (in Chinese).
- "中组部证实王敏与韩学键涉严重违纪违法被免职". 163.COM (in Chinese). 2014-12-25.
- "黑龙江省委原常委、大庆市委原书记韩学键严重违纪违法被开除党籍和公职". Central Commission for Discipline Inspection of the Communist Party of China. April 30, 2015. Retrieved May 8, 2015.
- "大庆原书记韩学键受贿获刑". Beijing Times. 2016-11-17. Retrieved 2016-11-17.
|Party political offices|
| Communist Party Secretary of Daqing
| Mayor of Daqing