Hanamaki Station, August 2007
|Location||1-43-2 Odori, Hanamaki, Iwate
|Operated by||JR East|
|Passengers (FY2012)||3,449 daily|
Hanamaki Station is served by the Tohoku Main Line and the Kamaishi Line. It is located 500.0 rail kilometers from the terminus of the Tohoku Main Line at Tokyo Station, and is a terminus for the Kamaishi Line. Hanamaki Station is not a stop of the Tohoku Shinkansen. The nearest Shinkansen stations are Shin-Hanamaki Station (6.4 km via the Kamaishi Line) and Kitakami Station (12.5 km via the Tohoku Main Line).
Hanamaki Station has an island platform and a single side platform serving three tracks, connected to the station building by a footbridge. The station has a "Midori no Madoguchi" staffed ticket office.
|1||■ Tohoku Main Line||for Hizume and Morioka|
|■ Kamaishi Line||for Shin-Hanamaki and Kamaishi|
|2||■ Tohoku Main Line||for Kitakami, Mizusawa, and Ichinoseki|
|3||■ Tohoku Main Line||for Hizume and Morioka|
|Tohoku Main Line|
Hanamaki Station opened on 1 November 1890. The Iwate Light Railway (岩手軽便鉄道?) (the forerunner of the Kamaishi Line) established its terminus at Hanamaki on 25 October 1913. The two stations were amalgamated on 20 September 1943. The station was absorbed into the JR East network upon the privatization of the Japanese National Railways (JNR) on 1 April 1987.
In fiscal 2013, the station was used by an average of 3,449 passengers daily (boarding passengers only). The passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
- Kitakami River
- Site of former Hanamaki Castle
- Hanamaki City Hall
- Hanamaki Post Office
- Fuji University
- National Route 4
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] II. Japan: JTB. pp. 411, 490. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2013年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2013)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2014. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2000年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2000)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2001. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2005年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2005)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2006. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2010年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2010)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2011. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hanamaki Station.|
- JR East Station information (Japanese)