Hancock Township, Hancock County, Illinois
Location in Hancock County
Hancock County's location in Illinois
|Established||April 27, 1855|
|• Total||38.17 sq mi (98.9 km2)|
|• Land||38.17 sq mi (98.9 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||554 ft (169 m)|
|• Density||6.7/sq mi (2.6/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61420, 62321, 62326, 62367, 62374|
|GNIS feature ID||0429103|
Hancock Township is one of twenty-four townships in Hancock County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 255 and it contained 129 housing units. It was formed from Fountain Green and St. Mary's townships on April 27, 1855.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 38.17 square miles (98.9 km2), all land.
- Joetta at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Liberty, Majorville, Oak Grove, Spangler and Yetter.
- Southeastern Community Unit School District 337
- West Prairie Community Unit School District 103
- Illinois's 18th congressional district
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Hancock Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Pilot Grove Township||Fountain Green Township||Hire Township, McDonough County|
|Carthage Township||Tennessee Township, McDonough County|
|Harmony Township||St. Mary's Township||Lamoine Township, McDonough County|