Handcross shown within West Sussex
|OS grid reference|
|Shire county||West Sussex|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Post town||HAYWARDS HEATH|
|Ambulance||South East Coast|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
Handcross has two public houses, The Red Lion (High Street), which was refurbished in 2010 in contemporary style, and The Royal Oak (Horsham Road), which is a more traditional "English" pub, offering home cooked food and cask ales. Handcross also boasts a Social club, serving the community.
Handcross Primary School, situated at the northern end of the village recently underwent extensive building works to increase capacity. Opposite the primary school is Handcross Park School, an independent prep school.
Handcross Hill is a stretch of the A23 road which runs past the village. This part of dual carriageway is notorious for accidents due to it being on a steep gradient, being surrounded by trees and containing a number of sharp bends, those being unsuitable for a road of its type. The hill has proved to be dangerous enough to be widened and straightened by the Highways Agency and the cutting of the surrounding trees began overnight in mid-2011. The project was completed in late 2014.
- High Beeches Garden http://www.highbeeches.com/
- The Red Lion, Handcross http://www.redlionhandcross.co.uk/
- The Royal Oak, Handcross http://www.royaloakhandcross.co.uk/
- Handcross Primary School http://www.handcrossprimary.org.uk/
- A23 Handcross to Warninglid http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/road-projects/a23-handcross-to-warninglid
Media related to Handcross at Wikimedia Commons
|This West Sussex location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|