|Designer(s)||Donald J. Handel, Robert Trogman|
|Re-issuing foundries||Bitstream, Elsner+Flake, Linotype, Tilde SIA, URW, ITC|
Handel Gothic is a geometric sans-serif typeface.
When first released, Handel Gothic was an instant success. The typeface was originally distributed in film format by PhotoStar and was reissued in the 1980s by Robert Trogman.
It was a popular font in the 1980s due to its futuristic design, and even today is used to signify the future.
The Bitstream version uses a curved leg on uppercase R (like that of Helvetica), a horizontal tail on the uppercase Q, a curved lower leg on the lowercase k, and a trident-like lowercase w.
Handel Gothic Cyrillic
It is a version by Tilde SIA with Cyrillic support. The family includes 1 font.
ITC Handel Gothic (2008)
The original release includes 5 fonts in 5 weights. OpenType features include fractions, ligatures, ordinals, stylistic alternates and subscript/superscript. Italic versions of the fonts were introduced with release of ITC Handel Gothic Pro.
ITC Handel Gothic Pro (2010)
It is a version of ITC Handel Gothic with complementary italic designs, support of Adobe Central Europe character set, addition of ligatures and alternate characters.
Additional OpenType features include localized forms, stylistic set 1.
Corporate identity uses
- United Airlines - In 1973 Saul Bass developed the United logo that featured a customized red and blue "Double U" logo and underneath Handel Gothic logotype.
- Arkon Technologies - Handel Gothic Light 
- ADFC - Allgemeiner Deutscher Fahrrad-Club, the German NGO, supporting cycling, uses Handel Gothic as their corporate logo font. 
- Donald Young. Fonts & Logos, DelphiPress. ISBN 978-0-9673316-0-7/ ISBN 978-0-9673316-0-7
- "ITC Handel Gothic Pro - ITCFonts.com". Web.archive.org. 2012-05-21. Retrieved 2015-02-26.
- [dead link]
- "Brand Identity - Arkon". Scribd.com. 2007-07-29. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "Corporate Design Manual - ADFC" (PDF). adfc.de. 2009-11-30. Retrieved 2015-06-24.