|Designer(s)||Donald J. Handel, Robert Trogman|
|Re-issuing foundries||Bitstream, Elsner+Flake, Linotype, Tilde SIA, URW++, ITC|
Handel Gothic is a geometric sans-serif typeface.
When first released, Handel Gothic was an instant success. The typeface was originally distributed in film format by FotoStar and was reissued in the 1980s by Robert Trogman.
It was a popular font in the 1980s due to its futuristic design, and even today is used to signify the future; it has been used in the credits of both Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
The Linotype and Elsner+Flake versions use a curved leg on uppercase R (like that of Helvetica), a horizontal tail on the uppercase Q, a curved lower leg on the lowercase k, and a trident-like lowercase w.
Handel Gothic Cyrillic
It is a version by Tilde SIA with Cyrillic support. The family includes 1 font.
ITC Handel Gothic (2008)
The original release includes 5 fonts in 5 weights. OpenType features include fractions, ligatures, ordinals, stylistic alternates and subscript/superscript. Italic versions of the fonts were introduced with release of ITC Handel Gothic Pro.
ITC Handel Gothic Pro (2010)
It is a version of ITC Handel Gothic with complementary italic designs, support of Adobe Central Europe character set, addition of ligatures and alternate characters.
Additional OpenType features include localized forms, stylistic set 1.
Corporate identity uses
- United Airlines - In 1973 Saul Bass developed the United logo that featured a customized red and blue "Double U" logo and underneath Handel Gothic logotype.
- Arkon Technologies - Handel Gothic Light 
- ADFC - Allgemeiner Deutscher Fahrrad-Club, the German NGO, supporting cycling, uses Handel Gothic as their corporate logo font. 
- ZDF (Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen) - German national public television broadcaster's logo.
- Korean Broadcasting System- Korean national public television broadcaster's logo.
- Donald Young. Fonts & Logos, DelphiPress. ISBN 978-0-9673316-0-7/ ISBN 978-0-9673316-0-7
- "Handel Gothic EF™ - Webfont & Desktop font". MyFonts. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- "ITC Handel Gothic Pro - ITCFonts.com". Web.archive.org. 2012-05-21. Archived from the original on May 21, 2012. Retrieved 2015-02-26.
- "Aerosite - United Airlines- A Branding Evolution". Archived from the original on December 16, 2008. Retrieved March 19, 2009.
- "Brand Identity - Arkon". Scribd.com. 2007-07-29. Retrieved 2013-08-15.
- "Corporate Design Manual - ADFC" (PDF). adfc.de. 2009-11-30. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "ZDF, Corporate Design Styleguide" (PDF). Design Tagebuch. Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen. Retrieved 25 February 2016.