Hang On (Weezer song)
|Single by Weezer|
|from the album Hurley|
|Released||February 15, 2011|
|Genre||Alternative rock, power pop, post-punk revival|
|Writer(s)||Rivers Cuomo, Rick Nowels|
|Weezer singles chronology|
"Hang On" is a song by the band Weezer. The song impacted radio on February 15, 2011. It is the seventh track and second single from their eighth studio album, Hurley. The album version of "Hang On" is co-written by Rick Nowels and features Canadian actor Michael Cera on backing vocals and pseudo-mandolin. The single version features no mandolin, and contains a harder sound.
Alternative Press calls the song one of the best off of Hurley, along with the song "Run Away", praising its uniqueness and commenting "sounding as musically lively and lyrically honest as any cut off Pinkerton". Rolling Stone regards the song as "power-ballad heaven".
- "Hang On" - 3:33
- Rivers Cuomo – lead guitar, lead vocals
- Patrick Wilson – percussion
- Brian Bell – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Scott Shriner – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Michael Cera - backing vocals, mandolin
- Tony Berg - hurdy-gurdy
- "AllAccess.com Alternative eWeekly". AllAccess. February 8, 2011. Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- Heisel, Scott. "Alt Press: Weezer - Hurley". Alt Press. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- "Hang On" (2010-09-14). "Alternative Press | Reviews | Weezer - Hurley". Altpress.com. Retrieved 2011-11-20.
- Jon Dolan (2010-09-14). "Hurley | Album Reviews". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2011-11-20.