Hanggang Kailan (TV series)
|Also known as||Circle of Hearts|
|Developed by||Bibeth Orteza|
|Theme music composer||Ogie Alcasid|
|Opening theme||"Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala" (instrumental)|
|Ending theme||"Huwag Ka Lang Mawawala" by Ogie Alcasid and Aiza Seguerra|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||95|
|Executive producer(s)||Marjorie La Chica|
|Location(s)||Metro Manila, Philippines|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||GMA Entertainment TV|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||March 8– August 13, 2004|
Hanggang Kailan (International title: Circle of Hearts / lit. Until When) is a 2004 Philippine television drama romance series broadcast by GMA Network. Directed by Jose Javier Reyes and Mark A. Reyes, it stars Lorna Tolentino, Christopher de Leon and Alice Dixson. It premiered on March 8, 2004 on the network's Telebabad line up replacing Narito Ang Puso Ko. The series concluded on August 13, 2004 with a total of 95 episodes. It was replaced by Joyride in its timeslot.
This fictional series follows the lives of Dado and Valerie, two lovers forced to end their relationship by an unscrupulous parent who sells his daughter to settle a gambling debt. Decades pass and Valerie returns as a wealthy divorcee and mother of two, determined to win back Dado. Instead, she finds Dado in love with her half-sister Thelma with whom he already has two daughters. The lives of this triangle are fraught with drama as the tug of love plays out between them. Drawn into this conflict are Thelma’s daughter Angela and Valerie’s son Warren. They must fight the feelings they have for each other while the question of whether they are related still hangs over their heads.
Cast and characters
- Lorna Tolentino as Valerie Rosales - a woman who returns to her hometown, San Sebastian to collect her dues, after leaving the country for many years. Deceitful. Arrogant. Vengeful. Valerie’s anger is deep rooted in her scarred past: she witnesses her mother’s suicide, her father sells her as payment for their debt, marries an abusive husband and most painful of all, loses her one true love to her Sister who she despises. Valerie wants everyone to pay for her miseries.
- Christopher de Leon as Diosdado "Dado" Villarama - he is a middle class automotive mechanic and a loving husband to Thelma, and doting father to two daughters, Angela and Jennifer. Before Thelma, Dado and Valerie are young lovers with plans for a future together. But sudden turn of events change everything. Valerie’s father sells her as payment for their debt. She is disappointed when Dado does not save her. Valerie is forced to marry an abusive man and becomes a battered wife, while Dado unexpectedly falls in love with Valerie's half-sister Thelma.
- Alice Dixson as Thelma Villarama - the humble wife of Dado. A loving mother. She is loyal and kind.
- Ogie Alcasid as George: a frustrated songwriter/singer waiting for his luck to turn. He hopes become a big star in Manila.
- Aiza Seguerra as Gina - a lesbian who dreams of becoming a popular singer someday. She comes from a dysfunctional family, and confused about her gender. She only finds solace in her half-brother Lito.
- Ana Capri as Lulu - Thelma's bestfriend and Angela's godmother.
- Nancy Castiglione as Tara Rosales - Valerie's youngest child. Tara is impaired in hearing and speech but still blooms to be a charming lady.
- Maxene Magalona as Angela Villarama - the youngest daughter of Dado and Thelma. She is the goodie-to-your-toes daughter whom Dado always favoured. Young love has never been the same for Angela as she falls in love with Warren, Valerie’s son, her cousin.
- Alessandra de Rossi as Jennifer Villarama, Thelma’s prodigal daughter. Even as a child, Jennifer always thinks she is not part of the family because of her rebellious nature. Her rivalry with her younger sister, Angela drives her to leave her family.
- Jake Cuenca as Warren Rosales:Valerie's son. He falls in love with his cousin Angela, which makes everything more complicated.
- Paolo Contis as Dennis Carbonel: a man bent on revenge against Valerie down because of what she did to his family. His dad leaves them for Valerie, driving his mother insane. Although he returns to San Sebastián to seek revenge, he falls in love with Tara and is willing to forgive Valerie.
- Sid Lucero as Eugene
- Janus Del Prado as Lito
- Boy 2 Quizon as Obet
- Girlie Sevilla as Marlyn
- Janice de Belen as Elizabeth
- Ricardo Cepeda as Jefferson
- Mark Gil as Roberto
- Gandong Cervantes as Victor
- Neil Ryan Sese as father Edwin
- Cristine Reyes as Hana
- Jessy Mendiola as Gina
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 9, 2012. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 4, 2012. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
|This Philippine television program-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|