Hangprinter version 3
Video about the Hangprinter
|Classification||Fused deposition modeling 3D printer|
Hangprinter is an open-source fused deposition modeling delta 3D printer notable for its unique frameless design, it was created by Torbjörn Ludvigsen. The Hangprinter uses relatively low cost parts and can be constructed for around $250 USD. The printer is part of the RepRap project where many of the parts of the printer are able to be produced on the printer itself (partially self replicating). The files for the printer are available on Github for download, modification and redistribution.
The Hangprinter v0, also called the Slideprinter, is a 2D plotter. It was designed solely to test if a 3D version could realistically be created.
The Hangprinter v1 uses counter weights to stay elevated.
All parts of the Hangprinter Version 2 are contained within a single unit which uses cables to suspend the printer within a room, allowing it to create extremely large objects over 4 meters tall.
Version 3 of the Hangprinter has the motors and gears attached to the ceiling, making the carriage lighter.
Hangprinter printing at the offices of E3D Online
Adrian Bowyer with a Hangprinter
- Hangprinter presentation, Torbjörn Ludvigsen
- The Hangprinter #3DMeetup, Thomas Sanladerer, YouTube
- RepRap HangPrinter Workshop at E3D with Torbjørn Ludvigsen, Richard Horne, YouTube
- "Frameless 'Hangprinter' RepRap turns an entire room into a 3D printer". 3ders.org. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- "The Hangprinter: A Frameless 3D Printer". Fabbaloo. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- "Interview with the inventor of the frameless Hangprinter 3D printer building the Tower of Babel". 3D Printing Industry. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- By. "Hanging 3D Printer Uses Entire Room As Print Bed". Hackaday. Retrieved 2017-03-20.
- "tobbelobb/hangprinter". GitHub. Retrieved 2017-04-08.
- Ludvigsen, Torbjørn. "The Slideprinter". Torbjørn's RepRap Blog. Torbjørn Ludvigsen. Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- Ludvigsen, Torbjørn. "First Finished Print". Torbjørn's RepRap Blog. Torbjørn Ludvigsen. Retrieved 21 May 2018.
- "Hangprinter Build Videos". Hackaday. 2017-12-16. Retrieved 2018-05-21.