||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (August 2015)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2015)|
||This article needs attention from an expert in Pakistan. The specific problem is: article requires unbiased knowledge. (January 2013)|
سیدان بانڈہ هنګو
Various public & private school & colleges exist in Hangu district. A campus of thr Agriculture University campus was to be build in Hangu City but the project is still pending, as the funds were allegedly transferred to Charsadda by the ANP provincial government .Recently the government degree college hangu start BS Hons 4 year program under Kohat University of Science and Technology.There are two government high schools for boys and two for girls in Hangu. Two Government Degree collages for boys and girls and a number of Private institutes are serving well in promoting the education in the area.
Possible name origin
The name Hangu may have originated from Chinese travelers. Hangu is also the name of a place in China, and since many Chinese travelers have passed through the area for centuries, it's possible that travelers, like Hiuen Tsang, saw some similarities with their own region and thus named it Hangu.
On 22 August 2008, sixteen militants (including two Chechens) were killed by Pakistani security forces in a skirmish at Hangu when security forces opened fire on their explosive-laden vehicle at a security checkpoint. One of the militants was arrested. One policeman and a member of the security forces were injured in the explosion. It was later discovered that the militants came from Darra Adamkhel, a town between Peshawar and Kohat with a thriving arms industry.
On 10 December 2010 a suicide bomber killed eleven people (including two policemen, a woman and a child) and injured another twenty-two. The attack occurred near Al-Zahra hospital which was under construction.
On 27 May 2011, 28 people were killed and another 55 injured when a suicide bomber exploded his vehicle at a checkpoint in the Hangu bazaar. Among the victims were four policemen. The explosion inflicted heavy damage to the offices of the Hangu police chief and special branch, the city police station, seventeen shops, three restaurants and a branch of the National Bank. The press was contacted by a Taliban spokesman claiming responsibility for the attack.
On Sunday, 26 January 2014, six children were killed in a toy-bomb explosion. 
- Lieutenant General .Arif Bangash, Former Governor of Khyber Pukhtun Khwa and Corps Commander V Corps, .Karachi
- Dr M. Qasim Jan, scientist and Vice Chancellor of .Peshawar University
- COL (Retd) SYED GHULAM HUSSAIN Former Military Secretary to Governor, Former Secretary S&GAD KPK, Former Secretary Administration KPK, Former President Squash Federation KPK.
- .Ali Haider (VC) The only and First Pashtun who was awarded by British highest award Victoria Cross.
- Calamur, Krishnadev. "Pakistani Teen Dies Stopping Bomber From Striking School." (Archive) National Public Radio. 9 January 2014. Retrieved on 11 January 2014.
- Aurel Stein. An Archaeological tour in Waziristan and Northern Baluchistan. pp. 29–30.
- Dawn.com-Two Chechens among 16 militants killed in Hangu, Abdul Sami Paracha, August 23, 2008
- Tribune.com - High-intensity blast: Suicide attack kills 11 in Hangu, Manzoor Ali, December 11, 2010
- Dawn.com-Terror strike in Hangu claims 28 lives, Abdul Sahi Paracha, May 27, 2011
- Dawn.com-Militants kill three policemen in Hangu, AFP, August 23, 2012
- Dawn.com-Explosion kills six children in Hangu, Dawn News, January 26, 2014