Hangzhou–Changsha high-speed railway
|Locale||Zhejiang, Jiangxi, and Hunan|
|Opened||Changsha South–Nanchang West|
September 16, 2014
|Operator(s)||China Railway High-speed|
|Line length||921 km|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Operating speed||350 km/h|
Hangzhou–Changsha high-speed railway is a China Railway High-speed line connecting Hangzhou, Nanchang, and Changsha, respectively the provincial capitals of Zhejiang, Jiangxi, and Hunan. This railway forms a section of the Shanghai–Kunming high-speed railway, part of the National Railway Grid Network, as one of the four major east-west lines.
It has a total length of 921.426 km (572.548 mi). Construction started in December 2009 and was opened to traffic on December 10, 2014. With trains from Hangzhou to Nanchang taking 2 hours 14 minutes, Hangzhou to Changsha in three hours and 36 minutes.
The route from east to west starts at Hangzhou East and makes stops at Hangzhou South, Zhuji, Yiwu, Jinhua, Longyou, Quzhou, Jiangshan, Yushan South, Shangrao, Yiyang, Yingtan North, Fuzhou East, Jinxian South, Nanchang West, Gao'an South, Xinyu North, Yichun, Pingxiang North, Liling North, for a total of 21 stations when it reaches Changsha South.
|Changsha South||长沙南||Changsha|| |
- In 2004, the State Council, published the "Long-term railway network plan." This proposed for consideration the Hangzhou-Changsha HSR.
- June 2005 – Hangzhou–Changsha HSR is approved by the State to study routes from Hangzhou, by the way of Nanchang, to Changsha.
- December 6 to 7, 2008 – the Ministry of Railways joins with municipal and county governments along the railway line, a consultative company, Shanghai Railway Bureau, Nanchang Railway Bureau, Guangzhou Railway Group, the Chengdu Railway Bureau, Kunming Railway and other units at a meeting held in Changsha. Examining the Hangzhou-Changsha HSR pre-feasibility study and discussing its construction.
- May 2009 – Hangzhou–Changsha HSR feasibility study is reviewed by the Ministry of Railway.
- June 1, 2009 – Survey work along the route to start.
- December 2009 – Construction commences.
- April 22, 2013 – Start of electrification construction.
Opening and operation
- September 16, 2014 – Changsha–Nanchang section opens and begins operations
- December 10, 2014 – Hangzhou–Nanchang section opens and begins operations. At the same time there are more classes opened long Shanghai high-speed EMU trains.
- 坐火车到南昌明年年底只需两小时 (in Chinese). Hangzhou News. October 22, 2013.
- "杭长、长昆铁路客运专线预可研审查会在长沙召开 我市争取到在东乡设立抚州东站". Government of Fuzhou, China (in Chinese). Archived from the original on 2013-06-28.
- "路地携手 鱼水情深 铁四院与浙赣湘三省共建杭长和谐平安线" (in Chinese). Archived from the original on 2013-02-10.
- ""四纵四横"主骨架杭州至长沙客运专线进入电气化建设". Xinhua (in Chinese). April 22, 2013.
- "沪昆高铁南昌至长沙段16日开通 票价157元明天10点开售". jxnews.com (in Chinese). September 6, 2014.
- "#昌铁微发布#[话筒]" (in Chinese). Archived from the original on 2014-09-06.
- "沪昆高铁南昌至长沙段开通 运行缩短至1.5小时". Sina.com (in Chinese). September 16, 2014.
- "朝闻天下". CCTV.com (in Chinese). 16 September 2014.
- "杭长高铁正式开通 浙江在线记者体验3.5小时速度之旅". zjol.com (in Chinese). December 10, 2014.
- "中铁十七局集团第三工程有限公司发生一起坍塌事故，导致一人死亡". hzsafety.com (in Chinese). March 31, 2011. Archived from the original on January 2, 2015.