This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kuwait City, Kuwait
|Known for||work in application of Halal requirements for food|
|Fields||Food science, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points, Halal|
|Institutions||Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research|
Hani Mansour M. Al-Mazeedi (born 1954) is a Kuwaiti scientist who specializes in Halal requirements, quality and Safety systems for food (HACCP/Pre-requiste programs such as GMP & GHP) and Halal services for the Halal Industry.
Mazeedi, through Kuwait government (Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs and Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research) and GSO (Gulf Standard Organization) of the GCC Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf, organized the first gulf conference on the Halal Industry and its Services in January 2011.
Work and interests
Mazeedi has 30 years of continuous work in food quality, especially in the field of Halal. Much of his research has involved Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) in addition to related systems such as Good Health Practices (GHP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and programs to formulate the basis for food inspection. He was the first "General Controller of Food Import" for Kuwait City. He was also the first food inspector with a qualified degree in food manufacturing earned at an American university.
In 1996 he introduced The "McHalal" system for McDonald's, but it was not implemented. In 2009, he was given The Halal Award 2009 by The Halal Journal of Malaysia for his personal achievements in servicing Halal for the food industry.
He has published two books in Arabic, beginning with Concepts on Food Hygiene (1998). The second was Practical Guide to Food Safety (2002). This book focused on HACCP and related food safety systems.
- Abuknesha, R.A., Al-Mazeedi, H.M. and Price, R. J.S. Reduction of the rate of fluorescence decay of FITC- and carboxyfluorescein stained cells by anti-FITC antibodies, Histochemical Journal (1992) 24:73-77.
- Abuknesha, R.A., Al-Mazeedi, H.M. and Price, R. J.S. AMC-anti-FITC conjugates: Novel reagents for amplified immunochemical techniques: Immunofluorescent staining of human fibroblasts Histochemical Journal (1992) 24:655-662.
- J.M. Al-Sager, J.S. Sidhu and H.M. Al-Mazeedi. Physico-chemical and sensory quality of milk being produced in the state of Kuwait . Adv. Food Sci. (CMTL) Vol. 21 No.1/2, 1-9 (1999).
- U. Beg, M. Al-Mutairi, K. R. Beg, H.M. Al-Mazeedi, and L. N. Ali, T. Saeed. Mycotoxins in poultry feed in Kuwait . Arch. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. 50, 594-602 (2006).
- Husam Alomirah, Hani Al-Mazeedi, Sameer Al-Zenki, Tareq Al-Aati, Jamlah Al-Otaibah, Maha Al-Batel and Jiwan Sidhu. Prevalence of antimicrobial residues in milk and dairy products in the state of Kuwait . Journal of Food Quality. 30 (2007), 745-763.
- S.F. Al-Zenki, H.M. Al-Mazeedi, S.N. Al-Hooti, t. A-Atti, Q. Al-Mutawah, H.F. Alomirah and J.S. Sidhu. Quality and safety charcatertics of milk sold in the state of Kuwait . Journal of Food Processing and Preservation 31, 702-713 (2007).
- S.F. Al-Zenki, H.M. Al-Mazeedi, S.N. Al-Hooti, t. A-Ati, Q. Al-Matawah, and H.F. Alomirah. Characterisation of quality and safety of tomatoes sold in the state of Kuwait. Int. J. Postharvest Technology and Innovation, Vol. 1, No. 3, 2008.
- Hani M. Al-Mazeedi, Alaa B. Abbas, Hussam F. Alomirah, Wafa Y. Al-Jouhar, Siham A. Al-Mufty, Mohamed M. Ezzelregal and Rashed A. Al-Owaish. Screening for tetracycline residues in food products of animal origin in the state of Kuwait using Charm II radio-immunoassy and LC/MS/MS methods. Food Additives and Contaminants. Vol. 27, No. 3, March 2010, 291-301.
- Husam Alomirah, Sameer Al-Zenki, Wajeeh N. Sawaya, Faten Jabsheh, Adnan J. Hussain, Hani Al-Mazeedi, Dina Al-Kandari, David Jukes. Assessment of the food control system in the state of Kuwait. Food Control, 21 (2010) 496-504.
- (in Arabic)  (in French) Interview with Dr Hani Mansour M Al-Mazeedi : Paradoxically, the halal standards go against the consummer, on asidcom.org
- McHalal system, by Dr Hani M. Al Mazeedi
- The Halal Journal Awards 2009 (Award for Outstanding Personal Achievement in the Halal Industry 2009)
- (in Arabic) The Dr Hani Al-Mazeedi obtains an award during the World Halam Forum 2009 (arrouiah.com)
- Photo of award on almazeedi-family.com
- Practical Guide for Food Safety: The Fundamentals of Production, Preparation, and Usage of Safe and Healthy Food (Arabic) - H. Al-Mazeedi, Reviewed by A. Mesaiker and Y. Al-Shayji - KISR Book