Hanifah Hajar Taib
Hanifah Hajar Taib
|2020–||Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister's Department (Sabah and Sarawak Affairs)|
|Faction represented in Dewan Rakyat|
|2018||Parti Pesaka Bumiputera Bersatu|
|2018–||Gabungan Parti Sarawak|
|Born||1972 (age 49–50)|
|Political party||Parti Pesaka Bumiputera Bersatu (PBB)|
|Barisan Nasional (BN) (until 2018)|
Gabungan Parti Sarawak (GPS) (2018–)
Perikatan Nasional (PN) (2020–)
|Relations||Abdul Taib Mahmud (father)|
|Alma mater||University of San Francisco|
Dato Hanifah Hajar Taib also known as Hanifah Hajar Taib-Alsree (born 1972) is a Malaysian politician and businesswoman who has served as the Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister's Department in charge of Sabah and Sarawak Affairs for the second term in the Barisan Nasional (BN) administration under Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob and Minister Maximus Ongkili since August 2021. She served her first term in the Perikatan Nasional (PN) administration under former Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin and Minister Maximus Ongkili from March 2020 to August 2021 and Member of Parliament (MP) for Mukah since May 2018. She is a member of the Parti Pesaka Bumiputera Bersatu (PBB), a component party of the Gabungan Parti Sarawak (GPS) coalition which is aligned with the PN coalition and a former component party of the Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition.
Hanifah is the youngest daughter of Yang di-Pertua Negeri of Sarawak Tun Abdul Taib Mahmud, who was the longest-serving Chief Minister of Sarawak. She graduated from the University of San Francisco with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
Before venturing into politics, she spent about two decades working in different fields. She serves as chief executive officer at Limkokwing University of Creative Technology as well as the Executive Director at Cats FM and Miri Marriott Resort & Spa. She is also a shareholder of Cahya Mata Sarawak Berhad and the Non-Independent & non-executive director of Sarawak Cable Berhad. She is also the Chairman of Pertubuhan Kebajikan Islam Malaysia (PERKIM) Wanita Bahagian Sarawak.
|2018||Hanifah Hajar Taib (PBB)||13,853||66.90%||Abdul Jalil Bujang (PKR)||6,853||33.10%|
- "Portal Rasmi Parlimen Malaysia – Ahli Parlimen – YB DATO HAJJAH HANIFAH HAJAR TAIB". parlimen.gov.my (in Malay). Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- Ellia Pikri (26 July 2017). "Meet 9 of the Richest Women in Malaysia As of 2017". Vulcan Post. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- Ellia Pikri (28 April 2018). "Hanifah wants to be out of her father's shadow". New Straits Times. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "Sarawak Cable Bhd (SCABLE:Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange)". Bloomberg. Retrieved 26 February 2019.
- "Federal Government Gazette – Results of Contested Election and Statements of the Poll after the Official Addition of Votes, Parliamentary Constituencies for the State of Sarawak [P.U. (B) 321/2018]" (PDF). Attorney General's Chambers of Malaysia. 28 May 2018. Archived from the original (PDF) on 29 December 2019. Retrieved 1 August 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.