Hank Kanalz is an American comic book writer and editor. He is the Senior Vice President of Vertigo and Integrated Publishing at DC Comics, and was formerly General Manager of the WildStorm brand for DC Comics.
Through the late 1980s and 1990s, Kanalz wrote various comics for publishers such DC Comics, and especially Malibu Comics. He designed the "i" logo for Image Comics (one of the few intellectual properties of the company), and contributed dialogue and lettering for the first issue of Image's first published comic, Rob Liefeld's Youngblood.
He edited the World of Warcraft comic book as well as co-editing the Fringe comic with Ben Abernathy. As General Manager for WildStorm, he was responsible for the timely scheduled publication of books.
- The Flash #19: "Blood Ties" (Bonus Book with pencils by Bill Knapp and inks by Jerry Acerno, DC Comics, December 1988)
- Youngblood Vol. 1 #1 (with co-author and artist Rob Liefeld, Image Comics, April 1992)
- Brigade Vol. 1 #1–2 (with co-authors, Rob Liefeld, Eric Stephenson and Richard Horie, Image Comics, August–October 1992)
- Ex-Mutants #4–10 (with pencils by Paul Pelletier and inks by Ken Branch, Malibu Comics, 1993)
- Siren (with pencils by Kevin J. West and inks by Bob Almond, 4-issue mini-series, Malibu Comics, 1995)
- Eliminator (with co-author Roland Mann and pencils by Mike Zeck, 4-issue mini-series, Malibu Comics, 1995)
- Ultraforce #7–10 (with co-author Chris Ulm, pencils by Steve Erwin and George Pérez and inks by John Stangeland, Malibu Comics, 1995)
- Green Lantern 80-Page Giant #2: "Anything You Can Do..." (with pencils by Kevin J West, DC Comics, June 1999)
- "DC Promotes Bob Harras, Hank Kanalz". Newsarama. December 21, 2012. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- Larsen, Erik (November 15, 2011). "The 'Ask Erik' Thread". Image Comics.
- "Youngblood (1992) #1". Comic Book DB. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- Hank Kanalz Joins WildStorm As VP-General Manager (press release), Comics Bulletin, March 2, 2004
- Hank Kanalz, at LinkedIn
- Dennis (April 8, 2008). "Fringe comic page". Fringetelevision.com. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- Renaud, Jeffrey (October 15, 2009). "Kanalz Drives WildStorm Towards 2010". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved October 15, 2009.
- Hank Kanalz at the Grand Comics Database
- Hank Kanalz at the Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators