|Town of Hanna|
|Special Area||Special Area No. 2|
|• Village||December 31, 1912|
|• Town||April 14, 1914|
|• Mayor||Chris Warwick|
|• Governing body||Hanna Town Council|
|• Land||8.81 km2 (3.40 sq mi)|
|Elevation||785 m (2,575 ft)|
|• Density||290.6/km2 (753/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (MST)|
|Postal code span|
Hanna is a town in east-central Alberta, Canada.
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the Town of Hanna recorded a population of 2,559 living in 1,149 of its 1,246 total private dwellings, a -4.3% change from its 2011 population of 2,673. With a land area of 8.81 km2 (3.40 sq mi), it had a population density of 290.5/km2 (752.3/sq mi) in 2016.
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Hanna had a population of 2,673 living in 1,208 of its 1,317 total dwellings, a -6.1% change from its 2006 population of 2,847. With a land area of 8.56 km2 (3.31 sq mi), it had a population density of 312.3/km2 (808.8/sq mi) in 2011.
The town's main industries are agriculture, oil production, power generation, tourism, and coal mining. It is the centre of a large trading area called Short Grass County and is the home of approximately 200 businesses.
The mayor of the town is Chris Warwick.
- Shirley McClellan, former provincial politician
- Lanny McDonald, former professional hockey player and member of the NHL Hall of Fame
- Glen Motz, Conservative MP for Medicine Hat—Cardston—Warner
- Chad Kroeger, Mike Kroeger, and Ryan Peake members of the rock band Nickelback
- Nickelback, band
- Blake Nill, former professional football player
- Jim Nill, former professional hockey player
- Milt Pahl, former provincial politician
- Marjorie Willison, author and radio personality
- Dave Ruhl, former professional wrestler
Wake, Okayama is the sister town of Hanna.
- "Location and History Profile: Town of Hanna" (PDF). Alberta Municipal Affairs. October 7, 2016. p. 295. Retrieved October 13, 2016.
- "Municipal Officials Search". Alberta Municipal Affairs. 2017-09-22. Retrieved 2017-09-25.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2016 and 2011 censuses – 100% data (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. February 8, 2017. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- "Alberta Private Sewage Systems 2009 Standard of Practice Handbook: Appendix A.3 Alberta Design Data (A.3.A. Alberta Climate Design Data by Town)" (PDF) (PDF). Safety Codes Council. January 2012. pp. 212–215 (PDF pages 226–229). Retrieved October 8, 2013.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hanna, Alberta.|